Re: Message not approved: Spam - how to turn off chat in yMail

  • ottawahitech
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 16, 2009
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Les d <lesdsz@...> wrote:

      > To turn off chat do the following - in the chat module in the left panel, click on the 'I am available' drop down at the top and select 'sign out of chat'. This will sign you out of chat and next time you login to mail it will not sign you into chat (the chat module will load in offline state so you will not receive any chat messages).

      Thanks Les, I just saw your response.

      I never used chat at yahoo. Are you saying that even though I never showed any interest in chatting with anyone, Yahoo expects me to actively turn it off?

      I am hesitant to do this, because this is a known trick used by spammers who send out emails asking people to "unsubscribe" and using responses to determine which eddresses are active - so those who send unscription messages are the only ones who end up on spammers lists :-)

      Cheers, oth
      ---
      Read what people are saying about their lost GeoCities sites
      http://www.reocities.com/guestbook/
    • ottawahitech
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 16, 2009