New mail version but STILL no working search

  • Gabriel
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2009
      I've been "upgraded" to the version below but STILL search in mail doesn't work - it only finds things in the last month or so. That is completely inadequate. I use my unlimited inbox deliberately to store lots of emails as I know I can search them in the future. At the moment this is impossible. Are there plans to fix this?
      Many thanks

      version: 2.4.0
      build: 211.6
      10/22/2009 05:20 PM

      Galaxy version: 2.4.0 build: 46a time: 10/16/2009 12:05 PM

      cg3.c4.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
    • Morac
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2009
        Search used to work for me. I used it less than a month ago. Today it was only returning emails after October 17, 2009 so I contacted Yahoo and they "fixed" it and told me to wait 45 minutes. I waited an hour and now it only returns emails I've received after the "fix" was implemented, so basically they made things worse. :(

        I'm once again "chatting" with a Yahoo support person, but I'm not too hopeful.

        What's annoying is that I had this same problem last year and they fixed it very easily. I'm not sure why it's broken now.

        version: 2.4.0
        build: 211.6
        10/22/2009 05:20 PM

        Galaxy version: 2.4.0 build: 46a time: 10/16/2009 12:05 PM

        cg3.c1.mail.mud.yahoo.com

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Gabriel" <gpollara@...> wrote:

        > I've been "upgraded" to the version below but STILL search in mail doesn't work - it only finds things in the last month or so. That is completely inadequate. I use my unlimited inbox deliberately to store lots of emails as I know I can search them in the future. At the moment this is impossible. Are there plans to fix this?
        > Many thanks
        >
        > version: 2.4.0
        > build: 211.6
        > 10/22/2009 05:20 PM
        >
        > Galaxy version: 2.4.0 build: 46a time: 10/16/2009 12:05 PM
        >
        > cg3.c4.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

      • Morac
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2009
          They've escalated it to the engineering department. I'm supposed to get a response in 24 to 48 hours, but we'll see. Since I actually pay for Yahoo Mail, I should hope they'll respond.

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2009
            Thanks Morac - I pay too, so I feel the same. I think I'll contact them as well then.

            They've escalated it to the engineering department. I'm supposed to get a response in 24 to 48 hours, but we'll see. Since I actually pay for Yahoo Mail, I should hope they'll respond.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Morac" <mjk4984@... > wrote:

            > Search used to work for me. I used it less than a month ago. Today it was only returning emails after October 17, 2009 so I contacted Yahoo and they "fixed" it and told me to wait 45 minutes. I waited an hour and now it only returns emails I've received after the "fix" was implemented, so basically they made things worse. :(
            >
            > I'm once again "chatting" with a Yahoo support person, but I'm not too hopeful.
            >
            > What's annoying is that I had this same problem last year and they fixed it very easily. I'm not sure why it's broken now.
            >

            > version: 2.4.0
            > build: 211.6
            > 10/22/2009 05:20 PM
            >
            > Galaxy version: 2.4.0 build: 46a time: 10/16/2009 12:05 PM
            >
            > cg3.c1.mail. mud.yahoo. com
            >

            > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "Gabriel" <gpollara@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I've been "upgraded" to the version below but STILL search in mail doesn't work - it only finds things in the last month or so. That is completely inadequate. I use my unlimited inbox deliberately to store lots of emails as I know I can search them in the future. At the moment this is impossible. Are there plans to fix this?
            > > Many thanks
            > >
            > > version: 2.4.0
            > > build: 211.6
            > > 10/22/2009 05:20 PM
            > >
            > > Galaxy version: 2.4.0 build: 46a time: 10/16/2009 12:05 PM
            > >
            > > cg3.c4.mail. gq1.yahoo. com

          • Morac
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
              I believe they've fixed it for me. I haven't had a chance to search actually at mail.yahoo.com web site, but searching using the mobile version of Yahoo Mail now searches all my mail.

              > Thanks Morac - I pay too, so I feel the same. I think I'll contact them as well then.

            • GuillaumeB
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
                same here. I pay as well... still having the problem. thanks for getting it under the eyes of the dev team

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
                  seems to be fixed now at my end - I like to think that this public forum helped highlight the issue! Thanks for fixing it Yahoo, if that was the case