RE: [Y-Mail] MAJOR PROBLEM - NEW "CATEGORY" IN CONTACTS

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
      Rob, is it the same problem if you use Classic?

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2009
        Hi,

        There is not an easy fix to this issue. "Categories" and "Mailing Lists" are the same thing under the hood. Basically, although theoretically we allow categorizing fields, we do not actually have an interface to do so.

        All of the fields in a contact are ordered. I believe, although I have not verified, that when emailing a Category it will always choose the "first" email address as per the ordering you see on the Details page in Contacts.

        So the sad answer is, you will have to have separate contacts per email address you want in different lists, until we figure out some clever way to implement the feature you are requesting. If you just want a way to prefer a certain email in a category, make sure the email address is the first listed for your contact (literally move the values in the edit interface if it is not).

        HOPE THIS HELPS! I find the dedupe tool is very useful for bringing Messenger and Mail contacts together. In this case, I think until we come up with a better answer, you have a need for duped contacts.

        Craig Wright
        Y!Contacts

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2009
          Craig, thank you for replying and for honestly letting us know about a problem that can't be perfectly fixed at present. Nice to know that yahoo is at least aware of some of the issues discussed in this group. Hope you find some of our feedback useful.