Funny buggy things

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2009
      First buggy thing, it really bothers me (even more than I thought it did when I initially mentioned it) that when you're filling the address fields, the tab button now not only moves your cursor to the next field, it selects the contents of that field so that if you type, it erases what was there. Why would you want to do that? I can understand if it moved the cursor to the end of the contents of that field, but how often does anyone want to tab to the CC field from the TO field and erase the contents if you've inserted any? And if you do it accidentally - ack!

      Personally I'd rather go back to making the tab button just approve the autofill and stay where it is (the enter button now does that). But I understand. But as it's a new change, wouldn't it be nicer not to make forgetting have less consequences?

      And second, why in the new email does the Subject line autofill (sometimes, not always) from the address book? Once upon a time it used to autofill from recent messages, which was moderately useful but mostly annoying. Who would want addresses in the subject line?

      Robin Siegel
      Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
      Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

      http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel