Re: [Y-Mail] Sent neat.. arrive disjointed.

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 23, 2009
      Silk,

      >Hi.. have any of you experienced this. You send a posts say 4
      >small paragraphs all perfectly arranged.. but when the post
      >arrives to the group it is all disjointed.

      I've heard of this happening for a few reasons, but the one that usually gets me is accidently sending a formatted message to a plain-text Yahoo! Group. Check the "Settings" tab in the left column of the group's home page. If it says "Email attachments are not permitted" that means that HTML (aka "rich text" or "formatted text") is also not permitted in that group.

      If you've composed the message in the default Yahoo! Mail compose window then what you see is not what a plain text group gets -- the Groups software discards the formatted version of the message and posts instead the plain text version. The plain text version is created automatically by the Compose window, but it does not always do a reasonable job of placing white space and line breaks.

      To cure this problem, click the "Plain Text" link to the right of the subject line in the compose window. Then what you see is what the group will get.

      If there was a suggestions board for Y!Mail (and why isn't there one?) I'd suggest a feature: add a checkbox (radio buttons?) to each address book entry to remember whether the addressee "prefers" plain or formatted text, and default the compose window accordingly.
      <http://suggestions.yahoo.com/>

      -- Shal
      (suggestion shamelessly stolen from Thunderbird's feature list)
    • Sasafrass
      Message 48 of 48 , Oct 1, 2009
        You need to unsubscribe or set your membership to "no email".