RE: [Y-Mail] linux.. (OT)

  • Goutam Nath
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 19, 2009
      Flagging this topic as OT, as this is an off topic discussion.

      Silk,

      Installing Linux is tricky for a beginner if you already have windows installed on your pc. Just to be on the safe side, Download  "virtual pc 2007 sp1" and install linux for now, then if you wish to dualboot windows and linux we might post some instructions here to guide you through.

      Links to download some linux distributions:

      All the above are also Live CD's/DVD's, which means you can boot your pc using them and run linux without having to install it on your harddrive. (I believe someone has already pointed this out before)

      You can place your order for an Ubuntu CD/DVD, this one is free and they will also deliver it to you free of charge.

      Regards,
      Goutam

      From: Goutam Nath <goutam_nath@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 12:10 AM

      or if you are not too confident, I'll suggest that you try in Virtual PC
      first.