Re: New Member with a question

  • ziggystonegh16
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
      Hi!

      Is unfortunate that i do not know any other way out.
      Outlook can be used as Personal Information manager or
      used to share Information when communicate with others on the network.

      Good Morning!

      FRED
    • gs.luo
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
        Hi Mary,

        I don't think you could do this in web-based yahoo mail.

        Regards

        Luo GS

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
          I agree with you Mary and I'd like to know how to save other settings - like:
          - adjusted column widths
          - not  having to see the applications in the left pane
          - how to stop getting a screen asking if I want to save the "contact" I just emailed into my favorites
          - how to get the new Yahoo Mail to "learn" that certain emails are not SPAM (I get upwards of 25 emails a day into my SPAM folder and I click them as NOT SPAM - seems to not make a difference)
          - when clicking on the MOVE button - changing the three folders at the bottom (Inbox, SPAM, Trash) to be at the top
          - preventing CHAT from logging me in when I sign into mail - I don't use CHAT and don't ever plan to and I'd prefer this can be turned off and stay off.

          I was really excited when I first changed over to the new Yahoo mail and I really do like a lot of the features, but the more I use it, the less I'm liking it. Maybe Yahoo will tweak from suggestions made by users - and yes, I've sent Yahoo a very long and detailed list of suggestions.

          Gil

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
            You may not even have noticed it but you no longer have to use the move button from your folder (eg. Inbox) view. Just click and drag to the folder to which you want to move the message(s).

            Robin Siegel
            Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
            Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

            http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
              Hi Robin,

              Yup, I know about the drag and drop to folders, which is one of the nice features; however I still use the MOVE button often.

              Gil

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
                I just tested this by composing an email in New Yahoo! Mail on the web. I changed my font, font size, and font color, typed an email and sent it. I then logged out, logged back in, and went to compose another email. Yahoo! remembered my changed settings for the new email.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gs.luo" <gs.luo@...> wrote:

                > Hi Mary,
                >
                > I don't think you could do this in web-based yahoo mail.
                >
                > Regards
                > Luo GS
                >

                > ________________________________

              • MK Connell
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
                  The changes are in place for new emails but not for replies. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything. And to a previous poster: I would also like to know how to turn off the Chat function as I never use it.

                  Mary

                  I just tested this by composing an email in New Yahoo! Mail on the web.  I changed my font, font size, and font color, typed an email and sent it.  I then logged out, logged back in, and went to compose another email.  Yahoo! remembered my changed settings for the new email.

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gs.luo" <gs.luo@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Mary,
                  >
                  > I don't think you could do this in web-based yahoo mail.

                  > Regards
                  > Luo GS
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                      mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                • Howard White
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
                    I still do right after "spam"
                    Howard

                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
                      Mary,

                      Strongly suggest you using Foxmail 6.5, it's portable software, and it got all the features of outlook and xobni, awesome software.

                      Regards

                      Luo GS

                    • lakeflurries@gmail.com

                        --
                        http://quackofdawn.com
                      • shazen27
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 15, 2009
                          While in mail and signed into chat, I click that little drop down arrow beside chat at the top where it says 'Available'. From there I choose 'sign out of chat' and it signs me out. It always remembers my preference on this too. Try it and see if it works for you...

                          -Steve