Cross-Posting

  • kgcrafts
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2009
      Hi all,

      I looked around in the help files and didn't find what I was looking for, so I thought I'd ask you.

      Does Yahoo (Mail) have any hard and fast rule about cross-posting?

      I ask this because there is someone who is dumping 19 email group addresses into a composed email and then sending it out. While there hasn't been a flurry of emails from this person, there have been three in the last ten days.

      Unfortunately for me, I'm in three of those groups so I get three identical postings.

      Thanks
      Gil
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2009
        I've seen this happen many times.... I don't think there's any rule
        against that.

        kgcrafts wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I looked around in the help files and didn't find what I was looking for, so I thought I'd ask you.
        >
        > Does Yahoo (Mail) have any hard and fast rule about cross-posting?
        >
        > I ask this because there is someone who is dumping 19 email group addresses into a composed email and then sending it out. While there hasn't been a flurry of emails from this person, there have been three in the last ten days.
        >
        > Unfortunately for me, I'm in three of those groups so I get three identical postings.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Gil

      • Robin Siegel
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2009
          If there is such a rule, I'm in trouble. I've been doing that for years - I post lost and found pets on neighborhood listservs.

          Sometimes all I know is the name of the very long street where the pet was found, so I post the information to every listserv along that street - often it's six groups, eight or even ten groups.

          The only restriction I know of is that you can't send the same message to more than one Yahoo group-owner on the same day.

          Robin Siegel
          Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
          Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

          http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel