Re: Yahoo Mail search beta glitch

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 13, 2005
      Yes, I have the search shortcuts and whether I do a basic search or
      an advanced search for a term that I know is in a subject line, main
      body, address line, attachment or photo, I get that "can't find
      nuffink" message.

      The intro I speak of is a little box at the top of my inbox that
      reads "Mail Search just got better. Learn more." When I click
      on "learn more" it takes me to:
      http://help.yahoo.com/us/tutorials/mail/mail/mail_search1.html

      Rule 1 in marketing: dont launch something that doesnt yet work.

      I'm sure they'll remember to plug me in at some point but at the
      moment my new "updated search feature" doesnt work at all... not
      even the basic search I used to be able to do

      :'(

      I have sent Y! an error report so i'll wait n see...

      I'm happy to hear it works for you tho.

      :-D

      p.s. I hope they incorporate more of MyWeb into Y! Mail cos MyWeb is
      just fantastic and has such huge potential to be the next big
      thing ... so many good sites I would never have found if it weren't
      for the people on MyWeb.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jbeaul" <joe@b...> wrote:
      > Hmmm... dunno what you're working with since the new search
      > mechanism in Y! Mail is not a beta version and I don't recall
      > a "whole introduction on how to use it." Could you be looking at
      > something else?
      >
      > The acid test is to look below your Y! Mail folders list (on left
      > side) and see if your Y! Mail account shows the new Search
      > Shortcuts - "My Photos" and "My Attachments". If they're there,
      you
      > do have the updated Search feature. If you can explain what
      you're
      > searching for and where you expect to find it (what type of mail
      > attachment in what folder) we may be able to assist you.
      >
      > If you do not see the new shortcuts you will need to wait until
      the
      > roll out reaches your account.
      >
      > For the benefit of others in the group who may be reading this,
      > according to Drew Garcia, Sr. Product Mgr - Y! Mail, "So when are
      > these features coming to a mailbox near you? We are rolling out
      > these features gradually to give us time to thumbnail the millions
      > of photos and attachments and index the billions of messages
      Yahoo!