Re: Notes on the new Yahoo Mail

  • Jim Parsons
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 9, 2009
      I notice paragraph spacing is STILL messed up!

    • Robin Siegel
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
        Another problem with the new version:

        Categories of contacts are no longer listed with the individual contacts. In order to look at the list of contacts in an individual Category, I seem to have to find one of the names, open their record, pretend to want to change their Category list, and then click on the Category. I liked the old way, with the list of Groups (Categories) that followed the list of Contacts, so that I could view them all and click directly on one.

        Robin Siegel
        Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
        Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

        http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
            When I first joined the Y-Mail group, we had an opportunity to beta test the new version of Yahoo Mail that was being designed to replace the classic mail format. There were some Yahoo product developers who were members and used our comments to tweak the product.

            You tell me that that's not your job per se, although you can take comments to the product team. I'm wondering if there's anyone (like the two Ryans) we should direct comments to, or who might be interested in joining the group to start a dialog?

            For instance, I've just noticed that when forwarding a message that has an .eml attachment, the button to remove that attachment isn't working, so it's not possible to eliminate any of the content of that .eml (including other addresses the email was previously sent to). This is pretty important, to preserve privacy and limit the possibility of phishing down the road.

            Is Y-Mail still the group to report that to, or should we just report it to you, or to Yahoo Help etc.?

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 12, 2009
              I've got another attachment bug. I've reported it to Yahoo who wanted to get into my account to check things out, but I'm sure that's not where the issue is. I thought posting it on here would be more helpful to see if anyone else has this issue.

              I'm using the latest build of YMail. On my home computer, I use Firefox and I have the latest version of Flash with Browser plus installed, and this doesn't happen. However,
              at work, using internet explorer 6 with old version of flash (6 or 7) and no browser plus installed, I can't forward attachments. The body of the text forwards as normal, but the attachments are not automatically attached in the forwarded message. This is very disruptive. Is the problem with the fact that the new attachment feature needs either flash and/or Browserplus?

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 13, 2009
                Hi Robin.......you're right...when you click on....Contacts....all your contacts appear alphabetically....but....if you look just above you will see...."View All Contacts"....with a drop down arrow....Hit It....and you will see all your Contact Categories listed....just click on whichever one you want and it will open up....it's pretty much the same as before....but instead of being able to select a....Default Category....to open to as we could in the back Address Book Days.....now it takes two more clicks.......Yahoo considers this....."Progress"....

                Bill

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 5, 2009
                    I'm probably slow in noticing this, but there's now a button on the new message page that will HIDE all those Liam/stationery buttons! Thanks, Yahoo - the page loads much faster now!

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 6, 2009
                      That's been there for a while.  Too bad it doesn't keep.  I have to shut it down every time.

                      ...x

                          mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                      http://mail.yahoo.com