Re: Turnng Off Antivirus Scanning of Attachment being Downloaded

  • sean.yinc
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009
      Tim:

      One more thing, are you forwarding this mail with attachments to another yahoo account so that you can get them? (If so we may want
      to talk offline so that I can get that address from you to debug the problem).

      Also. . .you are getting an "Error Code 5" when downloading attachments? Even in both versions of yahoo mail? That seems
      strange, and if so I'll file a bug. . .

      Sean

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "T Hatch" <thatch69@...> wrote:

      > Sean,
      >

      > Thanks for the information. I have tried switching from New Yahoo Mail to
      > Classic and still get the same results. I have already changed the email
      > settings in the Yahoo Groups that I am in to have the mail delivered to
      > another address, which does not give any errors.
      >

      > Thank You,
      >
      > Tim

    • T Hatch
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009

        I am using Firefox 3.52.

        What browser are you using? Internet explorer.. firefox.. opera?

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "tawolfen69_2001" <thatch69@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering if it would be possible to turn this rather annoying feature off?
        >
        > I keep getting errors like, Error #5 and JavaScript Error while trying to download the attachments. I have the latest version of Java installed on my system, so I know that this is not the reason for me getting the Java Script Errors.
        >
        > Thank You,
        > Tim

      • T Hatch
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009

          Ros,

          I agree with you in the forwarding of attachments to gmail.

          Tim

          I sometimes find it hard/impossible to open attachments in Yahoo mail too, either classic or new mail but if I fwd to my gmail account, the same things open without problems.  Much easier to use for groups like this too - even though I am finding out info about my Yahoo account.

          Ros

          --
          I support the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund
          http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk