RE: [Y-Mail] Re: Turnng Off Antivirus Scanning of Attachment being Downloaded

  • Silk
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5 7:09 AM
      What browser are you using? Internet explorer.. firefox.. opera?

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5 7:11 AM
        I sometimes find it hard/impossible to open attachments in Yahoo mail too, either classic or new mail but if I fwd to my gmail account, the same things open without problems.  Much easier to use for groups like this too - even though I am finding out info about my Yahoo account.

        Ros

        --
        I support the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund
        http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5 10:39 AM
          Tim:

          One more thing, are you forwarding this mail with attachments to another yahoo account so that you can get them? (If so we may want
          to talk offline so that I can get that address from you to debug the problem).

          Also. . .you are getting an "Error Code 5" when downloading attachments? Even in both versions of yahoo mail? That seems
          strange, and if so I'll file a bug. . .

          Sean

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "T Hatch" <thatch69@...> wrote:

          > Sean,
          >

          > Thanks for the information. I have tried switching from New Yahoo Mail to
          > Classic and still get the same results. I have already changed the email
          > settings in the Yahoo Groups that I am in to have the mail delivered to
          > another address, which does not give any errors.
          >

          > Thank You,
          >
          > Tim

        • T Hatch
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5 10:50 AM

            I am using Firefox 3.52.

            What browser are you using? Internet explorer.. firefox.. opera?

            Thanks for the information. I have tried switching from New Yahoo Mail to Classic and still get the same results. I have already changed the email settings in the Yahoo Groups that I am in to have the mail delivered to another address, which does not give any errors.

            Thank You,

            Tim

            Just FYI, JavaScript and Java are not the same thing and have nothing to do with each other. Updating Java will not update your Javascript in your browser.

            Unfortunately, no there is no way to turn off virus scanning of attachments. This is a requirement on Yahoo's side to make sure that
            we don't spread anything bad. . .

            You can submit a customer care report and they may be able to help you.

            Also try using the New Yahoo Mail, rather than mail classic (or vice versa) and see if you have the same problem (you can switch back and forth as much as you like).

            Cheers,
            Sean
            Y! Mail Engineering

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "tawolfen69_2001" <thatch69@...> wrote:

            > I was wondering if it would be possible to turn this rather annoying feature off?
            >
            > I keep getting errors like, Error #5 and JavaScript Error while trying to download the attachments. I have the latest version of Java installed on my system, so I know that this is not the reason for me getting the Java Script Errors.
            >
            > Thank You,
            > Tim

          • T Hatch
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5 10:51 AM

              Ros,

              I agree with you in the forwarding of attachments to gmail.

              Tim