Re: Turnng Off Antivirus Scanning of Attachment being Downloaded

  • sean.yinc
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2009
      Hi Tim:

      Just FYI, JavaScript and Java are not the same thing and have nothing to do with each other. Updating Java will not update your Javascript in your browser.

      Unfortunately, no there is no way to turn off virus scanning of attachments. This is a requirement on Yahoo's side to make sure that
      we don't spread anything bad. . .

      You can submit a customer care report and they may be able to help you.

      Also try using the New Yahoo Mail, rather than mail classic (or vice versa) and see if you have the same problem (you can switch back and forth as much as you like).

      Cheers,
      Sean
      Y! Mail Engineering

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "tawolfen69_2001" <thatch69@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering if it would be possible to turn this rather annoying feature off?
      >
      > I keep getting errors like, Error #5 and JavaScript Error while trying to download the attachments. I have the latest version of Java installed on my system, so I know that this is not the reason for me getting the Java Script Errors.
      >
      > Thank You,
      > Tim

    • T Hatch
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009

        Sean,

        Thanks for the information. I have tried switching from New Yahoo Mail to Classic and still get the same results. I have already changed the email settings in the Yahoo Groups that I am in to have the mail delivered to another address, which does not give any errors.

        Thank You,

        Tim

        Just FYI, JavaScript and Java are not the same thing and have nothing to do with each other. Updating Java will not update your Javascript in your browser.

        Unfortunately, no there is no way to turn off virus scanning of attachments. This is a requirement on Yahoo's side to make sure that
        we don't spread anything bad. . .

        You can submit a customer care report and they may be able to help you.

        Also try using the New Yahoo Mail, rather than mail classic (or vice versa) and see if you have the same problem (you can switch back and forth as much as you like).

        Cheers,
        Sean
        Y! Mail Engineering

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "tawolfen69_2001" <thatch69@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering if it would be possible to turn this rather annoying
        feature off?

        > I keep getting errors like, Error #5 and JavaScript Error while trying to
        download the attachments. I have the latest version of Java installed on my system, so I know that this is not the reason for me getting the Java Script Errors.

        > Thank You,
        > Tim

      • Silk
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009
          What browser are you using? Internet explorer.. firefox.. opera?

          Thanks for the information. I have tried switching from New Yahoo Mail to Classic and still get the same results. I have already changed the email settings in the Yahoo Groups that I am in to have the mail delivered to another address, which does not give any errors.

          Thank You,

          Tim

          Just FYI, JavaScript and Java are not the same thing and have nothing to do with each other. Updating Java will not update your Javascript in your browser.

          Unfortunately, no there is no way to turn off virus scanning of attachments. This is a requirement on Yahoo's side to make sure that
          we don't spread anything bad. . .

          You can submit a customer care report and they may be able to help you.

          Also try using the New Yahoo Mail, rather than mail classic (or vice versa) and see if you have the same problem (you can switch back and forth as much as you like).

          Cheers,
          Sean
          Y! Mail Engineering

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "tawolfen69_2001" <thatch69@...> wrote:

          > I was wondering if it would be possible to turn this rather annoying feature off?
          >
          > I keep getting errors like, Error #5 and JavaScript Error while trying to download the attachments. I have the latest version of Java installed on my system, so I know that this is not the reason for me getting the Java Script Errors.
          >
          > Thank You,
          > Tim

        • Roslyn Lamb
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009
            I sometimes find it hard/impossible to open attachments in Yahoo mail too, either classic or new mail but if I fwd to my gmail account, the same things open without problems.  Much easier to use for groups like this too - even though I am finding out info about my Yahoo account.

            Ros

            --
            I support the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund
            http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009
              Tim:

              One more thing, are you forwarding this mail with attachments to another yahoo account so that you can get them? (If so we may want
              to talk offline so that I can get that address from you to debug the problem).

              Also. . .you are getting an "Error Code 5" when downloading attachments? Even in both versions of yahoo mail? That seems
              strange, and if so I'll file a bug. . .

              Sean

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "T Hatch" <thatch69@...> wrote:

              > Sean,
              >

              > Thanks for the information. I have tried switching from New Yahoo Mail to
              > Classic and still get the same results. I have already changed the email
              > settings in the Yahoo Groups that I am in to have the mail delivered to
              > another address, which does not give any errors.
              >

              > Thank You,
              >
              > Tim

            • T Hatch
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009

                I am using Firefox 3.52.

                What browser are you using? Internet explorer.. firefox.. opera?

                Thanks for the information. I have tried switching from New Yahoo Mail to Classic and still get the same results. I have already changed the email settings in the Yahoo Groups that I am in to have the mail delivered to another address, which does not give any errors.

                Thank You,

                Tim

                Just FYI, JavaScript and Java are not the same thing and have nothing to do with each other. Updating Java will not update your Javascript in your browser.

                Unfortunately, no there is no way to turn off virus scanning of attachments. This is a requirement on Yahoo's side to make sure that
                we don't spread anything bad. . .

                You can submit a customer care report and they may be able to help you.

                Also try using the New Yahoo Mail, rather than mail classic (or vice versa) and see if you have the same problem (you can switch back and forth as much as you like).

                Cheers,
                Sean
                Y! Mail Engineering

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "tawolfen69_2001" <thatch69@...> wrote:

                > I was wondering if it would be possible to turn this rather annoying feature off?
                >
                > I keep getting errors like, Error #5 and JavaScript Error while trying to download the attachments. I have the latest version of Java installed on my system, so I know that this is not the reason for me getting the Java Script Errors.
                >
                > Thank You,
                > Tim

              • T Hatch
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 5, 2009

                  Ros,

                  I agree with you in the forwarding of attachments to gmail.

                  Tim