Re: [Y-Mail] How do I report this???????

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
      Hmm.... I'm not sure where you could report that group, since they are
      porn related. But you can turn off group invitations in your membership
      settings, then you won't get them anymore.

      Juanita wrote:
      > I have received this invitation and keep marking it as "spam" but it keeps coming back. I have no idea where they got my name. I don't visit those kind of sites. Has anyone else received this invitation? It is offensive to me and I'd like to report it but haven't found the right place since "spam" didn't work. The email:
      >

      > Hello lady_jo_nc@(yahoo).com,
      >
      > We have received your request to join the SexyWebcam105
      > group hosted by Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use community service.
      >
      > This request will expire in 7 days.
      >
      > TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GROUP:
      >
      > 1) Go to the Yahoo! Groups site by clicking on this link:
      >
      > (If clicking doesn't work, "Cut" and "Paste" the line above into your
      > Web browser's address bar.)
      >
      > -OR-

      > in your email program
      >
      > If you did not request, or do not want, a membership in the
      > SexyWebcam105 group, please accept our apologies
      > and ignore this message.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
        Juanita,

        There's not a lot you can do about this, unfortunately.

        This isn't an invitation, it is a verification request from Yahoo saying
        that they received an email (ostensibly from you) requesting to join
        that group. That is, someone pretending to be you sent an blank email to
        SexyWebcam105-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and Yahoo sent back this message
        to verify whether you actually wish to join that group.

        It may be a person, or as likely a spam or virus program, that forged
        your email address onto the subscription request. But since you don't
        have a copy of what was sent to Yahoo, there's no way for you to track
        down the actual sender and report them.

        In this specific case it is actually a bad idea for you to mark it as
        spam. In the future, should you wish to join a group, you may run into
        difficulty because your confirmation request may be more likely to get
        tossed as spam. Also, other users of Y!Mail may be inconvenienced when
        they try to join Yahoo Groups, as their confirmation requests may be
        more likely to land in the spam heap.

        The best thing to do with this is to simply delete it.

        -- Shal

        On 8/12/2009 9:33 AM, Juanita wrote:
        > I have received this invitation and keep marking it as "spam" but it keeps coming back. I have no idea where they got my name. I don't visit those kind of sites. Has anyone else received this invitation? It is offensive to me and I'd like to report it but haven't found the right place since "spam" didn't work. The email:
        >

        > Hello lady_jo_nc@(yahoo).com,
        >
        > We have received your request to join the SexyWebcam105
        > group hosted by Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use community service.

        [snip]
      • Bean Beer
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
          What you need to do is click the box next to the E-mail. Then there is a button that says mark as spam. Click it and all E-mails that person sends will go to your spam. Contact me if you have trouble.

          Juanita wrote:

          > I have received this invitation and keep marking it as "spam" but it keeps coming back.. I have no idea where they got my name. I don't visit those kind of sites. Has anyone else received this invitation? It is offensive to me and I'd like to report it but haven't found the right place since "spam" didn't work. The email:
          >

          > Hello lady_jo_nc@( yahoo).com,
          >
          > We have received your request to join the SexyWebcam105
          > group hosted by Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use community service.
          >
          > This request will expire in 7 days.
          >
          > TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE GROUP:
          >
          > 1) Go to the Yahoo! Groups site by clicking on this link:

          > (If clicking doesn't work, "Cut" and "Paste" the line above into your
          > Web browser's address bar.)
          >
          > -OR-

          > in your email program
          >
          > If you did not request, or do not want, a membership in the
          > SexyWebcam105 group, please accept our apologies
          > and ignore this message.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

        • Bean Beer
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
            I will try to do all I can. Thank you.

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
              Click the box next to the e-mail and then press the button at top that says mark as spam> If you still have problems contact me.

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ i?i=hn1u4xfvj3he xfvyx4k0rtsng5ag naic&e=lady_ jo_nc%40yahoo% 2Ecom

              (If clicking doesn't work, "Cut" and "Paste" the line above into your
              Web browser's address bar.)

              -OR-

              in your email program

              If you did not request, or do not want, a membership in the
              SexyWebcam105 group, please accept our apologies
              and ignore this message.

              Regards,

              Yahoo! Groups Customer Care

            • Juanita
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
                That is what I have been doing. I am pretty sure I know who is using my email address and it is someone that I haven't seen in 8 years but was determined to make my life a living H***. I won't let it and I'm simply going to delete in case someone actually wants to join this group so that, as I was told, it won't kick their confirmation into spam.

                Thanks everyone who responded. I so appreciate it.

                Live simply. Love seriously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
                  I just did a virus run last night with a full computer check. I did not have any viruses and I sure didn't contact th is group and never would.

                  I'll just keep deleting them.

                  Thanks.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 12, 2009
                    It was no prob.