Issues accessing my mail on Yahoo Mail

  • allanmendonca
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 12, 2009
      My mail is located on F526 and I'm unable to access it today.
      I persistently get the following error:

      Sorry for the inconvenience.

      You've stumbled upon a temporary problem we're having with Yahoo! Mail. Usually this problem gets resolved quickly, without you doing a thing. In fact it may be taken care of now.

      * Try pressing the Reload or Refresh button on your browser, or logging out and then back into your Yahoo! account. Hopefully that will take care of things.

      If that doesn't fix the problem, please be patient while we sort it out and try again shortly. The fact that you're reading this page means we've been automatically notified of the issue, and chances are we're working on it now.

      * If you think you've been more than patient and tried the tricks above, feel free to contact Customer Care about Error Code 1.

      Thanks,

      The Yahoo! Mail Team

      Can anyone help?

      Thanks !!!

      Allan
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 12, 2009
        Try clearing your cache & temp files, that sometimes helps.

        allanmendonca wrote:
        > My mail is located on F526 and I'm unable to access it today.
        > I persistently get the following error:
        >
        > Sorry for the inconvenience.
        >
        > You've stumbled upon a temporary problem we're having with Yahoo! Mail. Usually this problem gets resolved quickly, without you doing a thing. In fact it may be taken care of now.
        >
        > * Try pressing the Reload or Refresh button on your browser, or logging out and then back into your Yahoo! account. Hopefully that will take care of things.
        >
        > If that doesn't fix the problem, please be patient while we sort it out and try again shortly. The fact that you're reading this page means we've been automatically notified of the issue, and chances are we're working on it now.
        >
        > * If you think you've been more than patient and tried the tricks above, feel free to contact Customer Care about Error Code 1.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > The Yahoo! Mail Team
        >

        > Can anyone help?
        >
        > Thanks !!!
        >
        > Allan

      • Robin Siegel
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 12, 2009
          There's been some kind of maintenance recently. I've had erratic service, and one interruption that required me to post back to Yahoo more security information that they haven't required before. All in all, it's only been noticeable because service in past months has been pretty good... but in recent days, the auto-reload has been a glutton for attention, freezing anything else open in my browser or on my desktop. Sometimes even if nothing else is open, it freezes itself. But this has also been intermittent, suggesting probably they're doing some sort of maintenance.

          Robin Siegel
          Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
          Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

          http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 12, 2009
            They must be doing something LOL.  My email freezes up and I have to reboot plus it is having a real problem downloading images whether as attachments or if they are embedded in the mail.  Thought it was my computer but it doesn't happen on my gmail addy, so it has to be Yahooey LOL!!!  Sure wish they would get it fixed.

            Blessed be,
            Lorrie

            Lorries Green World
            http://minilorrie.2itb.com
            Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

            --- On Wed, 8/12/09, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...> wrote:

            There's been some kind of maintenance recently. I've had erratic service, and one interruption that required me to post back to Yahoo more security information that they haven't required before. All in all, it's only been noticeable because service in past months has been pretty good... but in recent days, the auto-reload has been a glutton for attention, freezing anything else open in my browser or on my desktop. Sometimes even if nothing else is open, it freezes itself. But this has also been intermittent, suggesting probably they're doing some sort of maintenance.

          • Bean Beer
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 12, 2009
              I'm going to suggest you  to talk to my friend. He will be able to help you. His E-mail is MagicMatt1998@.... Contact me if you still have trouble. Tell him Bean sent you.

                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 13, 2009

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 14, 2009
                    Yes Yahoo has problems with Y-mail. I'm going to try to fix it.

                    > They must be doing something LOL.  My email freezes up and I have to reboot plus it is having a real problem downloading images whether as attachments or if they are embedded in the mail.  Thought it was my computer but it doesn't happen on my gmail addy, so it has to be Yahooey LOL!!!  Sure wish they would get it fixed.
                    >
                    > Blessed be,
                    > Lorrie
                    >
                    > Lorries Green World
                    > http://minilorrie.2itb.com
                    > Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
                    >
                    > --- On Wed, 8/12/09, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@ ...> wrote:
                    >

                    > you are right my yahoo also freezes. I dont know what to do about the problem.
                    >

                    > There's been some kind of maintenance recently. I've had erratic service, and one interruption that required me to post back to Yahoo more security information that they haven't required before. All in all, it's only been noticeable because service in past months has been pretty good... but in recent days, the auto-reload has been a glutton for attention, freezing anything else open in my browser or on my desktop. Sometimes even if nothing else is open, it freezes itself. But this has also been intermittent, suggesting probably they're doing some sort of maintenance.

                  • sarahksmom
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 15, 2009
                      Lewis, did you actually write something here? The only thing that showed up was the quote of Lorrie's message.

                      Miriam Solon

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "lewisvic_e" <lewisvic_e@...> wrote:

                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lorrie <minilorrie@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > They must be doing something LOL. My email freezes up and I have to reboot plus it is having a real problem downloading images whether as attachments or if they are embedded in the mail. Thought it was my computer but it doesn't happen on my gmail addy, so it has to be Yahooey LOL!!! Sure wish they would get it fixed.

                      [SNIP]
                    • help_ymail@ymail.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 18, 2009
                        Hi Robin,
                        What do you mean by "the auto-reload"? Is that a specific feature of mail that you're referring to?

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...> wrote:

                        > There's been some kind of maintenance recently. I've had erratic service, and one interruption that required me to post back to Yahoo more security information that they haven't required before. All in all, it's only been noticeable because service in past months has been pretty good... but in recent days, the auto-reload has been a glutton for attention, freezing anything else open in my browser or on my desktop. Sometimes even if nothing else is open, it freezes itself. But this has also been intermittent, suggesting probably they're doing some sort of maintenance.
                        >
                        > Robin Siegel
                        > Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
                        > Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter
                        > http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
                        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel

                      • Robin Siegel
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 18, 2009
                          Sorry, that was lazy jargon. What I meant by "auto-reload" was the feature (of New but not Classic) whereby Yahoo searches for new mail and inserts it automatically in my inbox. In Classic, you have to ask for it. In New, it happens without warning.

                          It's been fine for a couple of days, but when I wrote that post (and intermittently before then) whenever the inbox is reloading, nothing else on the computer will run. Often even the reloading stops partway and notifies me that it's not finished yet (script?) and nothing works until I tell it to either continue or stop.

                          I have no idea what causes it, but it seems not to depend on what else I have open either in my browser or on my computer, so that's why I assume it's some sort of maintenance quirk that my little Mac Mini is too small to absorb.