Wordpress app...gone!

  • gpollara
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      Just noticed that the Wordpress application in new YMail has been removed. Shame as it was reasonably useful. Do we know why that's gone? Is it that yahoo is / will be pushing their own blog via yahoo profiles. Interestingly, this uses what looks like exactly the same software / interface as Wordpress app did.

      Any thoughts? Did anyone else use the Wordpress app?
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
        That's not all... I have also lost the Family Journal and Movies (Flixster) apps! What is going on, this does not bode well?

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
          oh right - hadn't noticed that as I don't use those apps. That's a bit annoying. Wouldn't mind being informed before it happened - I'm beginning to use the Share It app quite a bit. Would be a bummer if it got pulled all of a sudden in the future.

          That's not all... I have also lost the Family Journal and Movies (Flixster) apps! What is going on, this does not bode well?

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "gpollara" <gpollara@.. .> wrote:

          > Just noticed that the Wordpress application in new YMail has been removed. Shame as it was reasonably useful. Do we know why that's gone? Is it that yahoo is / will be pushing their own blog via yahoo profiles. Interestingly, this uses what looks like exactly the same software / interface as Wordpress app did.
          >
          > Any thoughts? Did anyone else use the Wordpress app?

        • shazen27
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
            Oh no! I too have lost the flixster, family journal,and wordpress apps! I didn't really use flixster or family journal, but I did use the wordpress blog. I hope they restore that app, or release one that works with more blog services like xanga, wordpress, livejournal, and blogger.