What's up with the classic mail front page?

  • sarahksmom
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      The standard line up of news links is missing, and now has been replaced with the following, displayed in tabs horizontally, but the only tab that shows anything is Top Stories. The rest don't have active links.

      * Top Stories
      * Buzz
      * Entertainment
      * Sports
      * World

      What's up with that?

      Miriam Solon
    • sarahksmom
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "sarahksmom" <sarahksmom@...> wrote:

        > The standard line up of news links is missing, and now has been replaced with the following, displayed in tabs horizontally, but the only tab that shows anything is Top Stories. The rest don't have active links.
        >
        > * Top Stories
        > * Buzz
        > * Entertainment
        > * Sports
        > * World
        >
        > What's up with that?

        Oh, well, now the links are working.

        Miriam Solon
      • Wolfgang Exler
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
          At 2009-08-01 23:05, you wrote:
          >The standard line up of news links is missing, and now has been
          >replaced with the following, displayed in tabs horizontally, but the
          >only tab that shows anything is Top Stories. The rest don't have
          active links.

          > * Top Stories
          > * Buzz
          > * Entertainment
          > * Sports
          > * World
          >
          >What's up with that?

          I think Yahoo! has a few big problems currently. I use a Yahoo Mail
          Plus Account and a Smallbusiness account. Even if I live in germany,
          I use the US site from Yahoo. Since a few month I can not allways
          retrieve my email with a mailclient using POP3 acceess like Outlook.
          I allway get authentication failure, webaccess works fine. Then I
          noticed, that I could not upload files via FTP to the websites. After
          a few days in contact with support (and no solution of the problem) I
          found that I must have to got to the change passwort page, enter my
          old password and DO NOT change the password. So, after doing that, I
          could upload my files with ftp and retrieve my email with pop3. I
          sent this information to customer service. The only answer I got was
          an automated notification. A few weeks late, just two weeks ago, I
          cluld not use webmail as I got a blank white website after login.
          Contacts, Calendar and Notepad was working, but Email did not. Again
          I contacted support, they could not verify my problem. So I changed
          my password and asked the Yahoo support staff to logon with my
          credentials to verify my problem. And they got the same problem as
          me. The Yahoo support people recommenden to switch to the new mail,
          where everythings seems to be working. But after a few hours I
          recognized that my smallbusiness mail was not accessible. So I
          changed the Yahoo content to Yahoo UK to keep english language, and
          then I could access webmail again including smallbusiness email.
          Again I sent this information to yahoo custermer service. But just
          two days later, the same problem occured with UK settings. Then I
          tried German settings and I worked with the german settings until
          yesterday. Yesterday I received a email from yahoo that my problems
          was fixed, which is still true currently.

          I have no idea what they do there, but I assume they have (maybe new)
          programmers which are not aware of all dependencies within Yahoo's
          applications which may cause this problems

          Wolfgang