These "invites" from Yahoo

  • Kurt
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2009
      I am at wits end over these "pop-ups" appearing CONSTANTLY when I am attempting to post a message to my Yahoo Group. Other friends of mine, also Owners/Managers of Yahoo Groups are telling me the same is happening to them.

      SUDDENLY a pop-up invites me to join (for example) James L message directing system ( paraphrased) and all of us have been fighting very hard to click on the X's of the TWO screnes that appear. It is horrible!!! The strange thing is that, whatever the name the individual is using, the addie is .yahoo-inc. I simply cannot believe that Yahoo would sink this low to capture members into something we know nothing about!! I'm frightened that this COULD be one of those dreaded "Grouply" things!!!

      Does anyone else suffer from this problem? Have you discovered a way to prevent it?

      Also, I have been informed by one of these characters that I have agreed to whatever they said - which I have not!!

      Any help would be greatly appreciated; only wish I could contact Yahoo! itself.

      Thanks very much, Kurt
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25, 2009
        Ok, first of all.... If you're not using Firefox, go to mozilla.com &
        install it! Then turn on the built-in popup blocker. 2nd, scan your
        computer for spyware! That can cause pop-ups, too....

        Kurt wrote:
        > I am at wits end over these "pop-ups" appearing CONSTANTLY when I am attempting to post a message to my Yahoo Group. Other friends of mine, also Owners/Managers of Yahoo Groups are telling me the same is happening to them.
        >
        > SUDDENLY a pop-up invites me to join (for example) James L message directing system ( paraphrased) and all of us have been fighting very hard to click on the X's of the TWO screnes that appear. It is horrible!!! The strange thing is that, whatever the name the individual is using, the addie is .yahoo-inc. I simply cannot believe that Yahoo would sink this low to capture members into something we know nothing about!! I'm frightened that this COULD be one of those dreaded "Grouply" things!!!
        >
        > Does anyone else suffer from this problem? Have you discovered a way to prevent it?
        >
        > Also, I have been informed by one of these characters that I have agreed to whatever they said - which I have not!!
        >
        > Any help would be greatly appreciated; only wish I could contact Yahoo! itself.
        >
        > Thanks very much, Kurt

      • fiction_scribe
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2009
          And don't forget to search for ad-Blocker Plus among the add-ons.

          I use Firefox w/ABP, so I'm always thinking "adverts, what adverts, I don't see any on here, oh wait I have ABP installed," when y'all start flaking about adverts.

          Miss Fiction Scribe
          |><)))•>
          Sent from my iPod Touch

          > Ok, first of all.... If you're not using Firefox, go to mozilla.com &
          > install it! Then turn on the built-in popup blocker. 2nd, scan your
          > computer for spyware! That can cause pop-ups, too....

          <snip the rest>
        • beanbeer
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2009
            You need A software update to stop getting pop ups it happened to my computer and i got rid of it.