Re: [Y-Mail] YMail's spam protection is a joke

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1, 2009
      They work perfectly :)

      Roslyn Lamb wrote:

      > Well - yes - if they work.
      >

      > Ros
      >
      > 2009/6/30 Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...
      > <mailto:sasafrass452@...>>
      >
      > That's true.... but the filters are WAAAAYY better!

    • Roslyn Lamb
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 2, 2009
        Well,,,, I'm glad for you that yours do.

        I am sick of the seemingly endless dialogue with Yahoo techs who keep telling me that they have fixed the one not working of my ONLY TWO filters.  It's gone on and on and on.  They change something and tell me it's working, I check my account and tell them that no, it's not.  Day after day after day.

        Ros

        2009/7/1 Sasafrass <sasafrass452@...>
        They work perfectly :)

        --
        I support the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund
        http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 3, 2009
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <deepend@...> wrote:

          > Both my Yahoo! and Google mail accounts are pretty good most of the time with the odd bits of junk maybe getting through now and then on both. (Oops - I hope I haven't put the kibosh on it now by saying that! ;) )

          Funny this should come up now. Today, the Yahoo spam filter failed massively, with more than a dozen false negatives, roughly half of the morning's spam total.

          Miriam Solon
        • Kadee Did
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 3, 2009
            After marking numerous message Not Spam yesterday, I checked my Spam folder later. 6 messages. All messages I wanted to receive. Marked them Not Spam. Later, moved Spam messages from Inbox to spam & checked. Another 5 messages that were not spam along with the ones I had manually checked as spam. Keep forgetting to check Spam folder. All false positives are messages from people in my contacts.

            Gmail has been very good at marking only Spam and catching it all.

            kadee

            > Both my Yahoo! and Google mail accounts are pretty good most of the time with the odd bits of junk maybe getting through now and then on both. (Oops - I hope I haven't put the kibosh on it now by saying that! ;) )

            Funny this should come up now. Today, the Yahoo spam filter failed massively, with more than a dozen false negatives, roughly half of the morning's spam total.

            Miriam Solon

                mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • baumgrenze
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 3, 2009
              With monotonous regularity I find digest messages from other Yahoo groups in my free Yahoo Mail SPAM folder!

              I've filled in the "Send Feedback" form several times. It seems to have no effect. Is there another way to reach the Mail team at Yahoo? Does someone on the team monitor this group?

              Is there a rivalry between the Mail team and the Groups team at Yahoo that has gotten so out of hand that they are trying to sabotage one another?

              baumgrenze

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Canol Gökel <canol.gokel@...> wrote:

              > YMail's spam filter goes worse every day. For the last couple of months, all my important mails go to the spam folder. Like account activations, PayPal transactions, even mails from my father, this is really ridiculous. I'm tired of marking them "not spam", looks like it doesn't work. Also even in this case it can filter only about half of the real spam mails.
              >
              > My mails both arrive to my Gmail and YMail account, I'm using YMail because I like the interface but Gmail does pretty good job on separating spam and non-spam mails correctly.
              >
              > It looks like my spam folder will eventually become my actual inbox folder, in a few months...

            • ZuLuuuuuu
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 11, 2010
                I'm posting my negative feedbacks to this mailing list but there are good things, as well: After sending this post to this mailing list Yahoo! crew contacted me and got some details about my account (questions like if I my mails are forwarded from another mail account etc.) and after a few weeks, spam protection got better and better. Nowadays -although certainly not perfect- the spam protection is pretty good. Thank you very much...