Error msgs when opening Y-Mail in tabs w Firefox

  • b l
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2009
      Sigh. It would seem "progress" at Yahoo is taking away what I felt was one of its most valuable feature - - the ability to open mail in tabs. Yet they are excited that I noticed the changes they made. Anybody have suggestions on another email service? I am making this more with great disappointment.

      Bruce

      PS Somebody mentioned the possibility of doing shift-cap while clicking on the help button to get information on the server farm on which my account might be residing and it just takes me to http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/ But thanks for the suggestion. I am resigned to having to move on.

      From: Yahoo! Mail <mail-taerror@...-inc.com>
      To: "b l" <napervilleman2004@...>
      Date: Wednesday, June 17, 2009, 5:34 PM

      Hello,

      Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.

      Thanks for noticing the recent changes we've made to Yahoo! Mail
      Classic. I understand that you would like to be able to open messages
      and folder in browser tabs. I'm sorry, but this is not a feature of
      Yahoo! Mail Classic.

      If you would like to use tabs within Yahoo! Mail, I would suggest that
      you give the New Yahoo! Mail a try!

      While the older version of Yahoo! Mail Classic is no longer available, I
      think you'll love the great stuff we've added to the new Yahoo! Mail
      Classic, including:

      1) Automatic saves of drafts in case you lose Internet connection or
      power.
      2) Improved flagging of messages.
      3) More flexible signature options.

      To see the full list of changes, please go to:

         http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/basics/mltacdifversion.html

      As with any update, a few features of the old Yahoo! Mail Classic have
      been removed. I do apologize for any inconvenience. And while the older
      version of Yahoo! Mail Classic is no longer available, I hope you'll be
      very happy with the new features of Yahoo! Mail Classic.

      I hope this answers your question. If you need any further assistance,
      please feel free to contact us again.

      Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.

      Regards,

      Clifford

      Yahoo! Mail Customer Care

      81042552

      Visit our online help pages at:

         http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/

      Original Message Follows:
      -------------------------

      OK, let me get this straight. I can never open more than one Yahoo mail
      window/tab. The only way for me to use Yahoo mail is to sign in, go to
      folder I want to go to, open a piece of mail, deal with it by replying,
      deleting, closing it and then, and only then, go back to whatever folder
      I want to use and then start the cycle again.
      If I get an email from somebody, I cannot open a file and look for an
      email that might be of use when responding to the email.
      If I search for an email, I can never open one (or more) emails from the
      list in separate tabs to determine if it contains the information I
      need, but I must open it in the same window as the search results.
      If the email I choose is wrong, I must return to the search page to
      determine if another email is appropriate and go through the cycle
      again.
      If I have an email folder open, I can never open an email from the list
      in another tab so I can continue to scan the folder for additional
      emails I wish to view.
      In other words, all of the effort that various browser developers have
      taken to allow for multiple tabs is of no value in Yahoo mail because
      Yahoo mail will not support it. Is that what you are telling me?
      From: Yahoo! Mail <mail-taerror@...-inc.com>
      Subject: RE: Error Code 5          (KMM151148194V29494L0KM)
      To: "b l" <napervilleman2004@...>
      Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 12:58 PM
      Hello,
      Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Mail.
      We have investigated the issue you mentioned in your email and at this
      time your account appears to be in full working order.  We apologize for
      any inconvenience.  If you continue to experience problems, or if we can
      be of assistance in another matter, please let us know.
      Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail.
      Regards,
      Michelle
      Yahoo! Mail Customer Care
      For assistance with all Yahoo! services, please visit:
         http://help.yahoo.com/
      New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - better than ever!
      Original Message Follows:
      -------------------------
      On firefox
      I cleared cookies.
      I cleared cache.
      I have no extensions.
      I disabled all plugins.
      I did everything except disable my security software.
      I did likewise with IE.
      As you can see, the problem persists.
      NOTE! Although I get some error messages with some of my other Yahoo
      mail accounts, it is nothing like on this account which has been
      rendered virtually unusable. This has been a problem to some degree or
      another for over a year, and it was the case on another computer, too.
      I do open multiple tabs/windows, but to do otherwise would make this
      account worthless. As I said, this is not a major problem with my other
      Yahoo accounts. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to
      help you fix this.
      From: Yahoo! Mail <mail-taerror@...-inc.com>
      Subject: RE: Error Code 5      (KMM150807732V39334L0KM)
      To: "b l" <napervilleman2004@...>
      Date: Monday, June 8, 2009, 5:20 PM
      Hello,
      Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.
      I understand that you are receiving an error code 5 when attempting to
      access your mailbox.
      I do apologize for this inconvenience.  We've tested your account, but
      weren't able to duplicate the behavior you've described. To help us
      troubleshoot and assess the issue, please take a screenshot of the
      entire page when the issue occurs next. You may then include this file
      as an attachment in your next reply.
      To take a screenshot, simply do the following:
      1. Press the "Print Screen" key, which located just above the "Insert"
      key on most full sized keyboards. If you're using a laptop, the "Print
      Screen" key location will vary.
      2. Click the Windows "Start" menu and select "Programs", then
      "Accessories", then "Paint."
      3. Once the Microsoft Paint application is open, click the "Edit" menu
      then select "Paste." If you're prompted that the "image in the clipboard
      is larger than the bitmap", click the "Yes" button.
      4. Click the "File" menu in the upper left-hand corner of the Paint
      application then select "Save As."
      5. Enter a name for the "File name" field.
      6. Choose "JPEG" as the "Save as type" option.
      7. Save the file to an easy remember location like your desktop then
      close the Paint application.
      8. Attach the file to your email response and include any other relevant
      information.
      If possible, it would be very helpful if you can send it via the Yahoo!
      account you are having trouble with, and also leave a copy in your sent
      folder. Once we've received your reply and your screenshot, this will
      really help us investigate the issue in further detail.
      We appreciate your patience and understanding while we troubleshoot this
      issue for you.
      You are a valued customer and it is a pleasure to assist you with this
      issue.  Please respond with the requested information and have a
      pleasant day.
      Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail Customer Care.
      Regards,
      Steve
      Yahoo! Mail Customer Care
      Visit our online help pages at:
         http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/
      Original Message Follows:
      -------------------------
      The only one who accesses my account is me and only via a browser tab.
      And yes, I have multiple tabs open although no more than in other Yahoo
      mail accounts I have. My email account has become virtually unusable. If
      you can't duplicate it, you aren't trying. Open a few tabs and the
      problems will start.
      I want this resolved.
      From: Yahoo! Mail <mail-taerror@...-inc.com>
      Subject: RE: Error Code 5  (KMM150689927V21205L0KM)
      To: "b l" <napervilleman2004@...>
      Date: Friday, June 5, 2009, 12:00 PM
      Hello,
      Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.
      PLEASE NOTE: If you are still experiencing the "Error Code 5" then
      simply reply to this message and a Yahoo! Customer Care agent will
      continue to work towards the resolution for you.
      For your information: There are two common problems that can cause an
      Error Code 5:
      1) You have several windows or tabs open trying to access the same
      Yahoo! Mail account.
      2) You're accessing the Yahoo! Mail service (via a browser) and another
      Yahoo Mail service (such as your mobile phone / outlook email service)
      is trying to access the same account.
      We recommend that you try closing the number of tabs (that are accessing
      the same account) and try limiting access from your other email services
      to see if this removes the Error Code 5. However, for a very small
      percentage of other customers where the error code persists, it's
      necessary for Yahoo! Customer Care agent to troubleshoot and work
      towards resolution.
      Therefore, if closing additional tabs and limiting access to the same
      account does not resolve the issue, please reply to this message so that
      a Yahoo! Customer Care agent can continue to troubleshoot.
      Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Mail.
      Regards,
      George
      Yahoo! Customer Care
      Be sure to check the Official Yahoo! Mail Blog for more information on
      product updates, new releases, and bug fixes!
         http://www.ymailblog.com/
      Original Message Follows:
      ------------------------
      5-2225
      1.  What is your Yahoo! ID?
      ---------------------------
            Yahoo! ID: napervilleman2004
      2.  What is your email address?
      -------------------------------
            Email Address: napervilleman2004@...
      3.  Please tell us a little more about this Error # 5 that you've
      received:
      ---
            How often do you recieve this error?: Often
            Yes: Other
      While Viewing: http://us.mc302.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage?sMid=4&fid=Inbox&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&filterBy=&.rand=1873191175&midIndex=4&mid=1_143805039_ADNFv9EAAIZASiklaAGmgnfjxes
      Form Name: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/forms/ta5.html
      Yahoo ID: napervilleman2004 : Yahoo id from cookie
      "https://amt.yahoo.com/amt/dosearch?.token=MBtvRJ3nvVdFrbZ4cl7WQE.2F5a.y
      fb2bWkKcIwXHOpZaK_Eqasv"
      Other ID:
      Machine: PC
      OS: WinXP
      Browser: Firefox 3.0
      REMOTE_ADDR: 4.142.123.126
      REMOTE_HOST: dialup-4.142.123.126.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net
      Date Originated: Friday June 5, 2009 - 07:36:35
      Cookies: enabled
      AOL: no
      -------