Yahoo Mail and Firefox - buttons not responsive anymore

  • Jon Deutsch
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
      Over the past few months, I've noticed that Yahoo Mail has become very unpredictable with the control buttons (reply/delete/etc). Basically, it takes 2-3 clicks for the click to register, making it much less user-friendly and much more frustrating. I have to wait to see if the click worked, and then click again and again until it response.

      This is happening with Firefox 3.0.11 on two different computers. I do not know if this happens with IE6/7/8 or not, as I just use Firefox.

      Is anyone else having this problem? I've been using the new Yahoo Mail since it was in beta, and I've never had this problem prior to a few months ago.

      Any info appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Jon
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
        I am experiencing the same thing, also of Firefox.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Deutsch" <jrdeutsch@...> wrote:

        > Over the past few months, I've noticed that Yahoo Mail has become very unpredictable with the control buttons (reply/delete/etc). Basically, it takes 2-3 clicks for the click to register, making it much less user-friendly and much more frustrating. I have to wait to see if the click worked, and then click again and again until it response.
        >
        > This is happening with Firefox 3.0.11 on two different computers. I do not know if this happens with IE6/7/8 or not, as I just use Firefox.
        >
        > Is anyone else having this problem? I've been using the new Yahoo Mail since it was in beta, and I've never had this problem prior to a few months ago.
        >
        > Any info appreciated.
        > Thanks,
        > Jon

      • Ing. Rafael E. Silva
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
          It's happening to me also.  Specially on the delete button, which I have
          to click twice to accomplish what it is suppose to do with one
          click.  I also use Firefox v. 3.0.11 but have the problem for about
          a week now, before updating to FF 3.0.11

          Regards,
          Rafael E.

          Over the past few months, I've noticed that Yahoo Mail has become very unpredictable with the control buttons (reply/delete/etc).  Basically, it takes 2-3 clicks for the click to register, making it much less user-friendly and much more frustrating.  I have to wait to see if the click worked, and then click again and again until it response.

          This is happening with Firefox 3.0.11 on two different computers.  I do not know if this happens with IE6/7/8 or not, as I just use Firefox.

          Is anyone else having this problem?  I've been using the new Yahoo Mail since it was in beta, and I've never had this problem prior to a few months ago.

          Any info appreciated.
          Thanks,
          Jon

              mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • scott k
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
            no problems here at all....using firefox 3.0.11
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
              Funny you should say that as I've occasionally also noticed something similar in last couple of weeks. I also only use firefox. Not enough to disturb my use of email but good to know that maybe it's not just me being malcoordinated!

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 16, 2009
                I have had a similar problem to this with XP, Firefox 3.0.11. Buttons just don't work, as well as the folders at times. Because I have had other more serious Y-mail problems I haven't paid much attention to this one. This has only been in recent days but I am bad about downloading and installing updates so I might just be behind the curve. It seems to me if I go to the top of the mail page, an error message shows up, but I have seen so many error messages of late I can't keep track of them. Just chiming in that I have been having the same unresponsive button issue.

                Bruce

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Deutsch" <jrdeutsch@...> wrote:

                > Over the past few months, I've noticed that Yahoo Mail has become very unpredictable with the control buttons (reply/delete/etc). Basically, it takes 2-3 clicks for the click to register, making it much less user-friendly and much more frustrating. I have to wait to see if the click worked, and then click again and again until it response.
                >
                > This is happening with Firefox 3.0.11 on two different computers. I do not know if this happens with IE6/7/8 or not, as I just use Firefox.
                >
                > Is anyone else having this problem? I've been using the new Yahoo Mail since it was in beta, and I've never had this problem prior to a few months ago.
                >
                > Any info appreciated.
                > Thanks,
                > Jon
              • > Les'd
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009

                  Can you try disabling any firefox plugins - ad-blocker or any such ? Also do you have any security software -like may be norton firewall with ad-blocker ? Can try disabling those and see if it helps.

                  Over the past few months, I've noticed that Yahoo Mail has become very unpredictable with the control buttons (reply/delete/ etc).  Basically, it takes 2-3 clicks for the click to register, making it much less user-friendly and much more frustrating.  I have to wait to see if the click worked, and then click again and again until it response.

                  This is happening with Firefox 3.0.11 on two different computers.  I do not know if this happens with IE6/7/8 or not, as I just use Firefox.

                  Is anyone else having this problem?  I've been using the new Yahoo Mail since it was in beta, and I've never had this problem prior to a few months ago.

                  Any info appreciated.
                  Thanks,
                  Jon

                  Yahoo! Groups
                  Improve your business
                  by community exchange
                  Yahoo! Groups
                  Passionate about cars?
                  Check out the Auto Enthusiast Zone.
                  Get in Shape
                  Find a buddy
                  and lose weight.
                  .

                • Joerg Seufert
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
                    thanx, but unfortunately nothing helps.
                    I told this problem many times ti the yahoo support, but they only say: Our site ist 100% working,it must be your server.

                    It is really very annoying

                    Enjoy your day

                    Joerg

                    z.Zt.Windhoek
                    Handy/Cell Phone: Namibia: +264-81-2423987(online)
                    Tanzania: +255-787-656433
                    Südafrika; +27-760-180934
                    Deutschland: +49-176-25818026

                    Skype-Name: jorg.seufert

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
                      In my case, the problem is gone.  For the last two days
                      the delete button is working again.  Please note that the
                      problem was not continuously, it happened once in a while.

                      Regards,
                      Rafael E. Silva P.E.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
                        Well, I have a little more input on this. I, too have had the non-responsive buttons, but also have had troubles opening emails, even with only one window is open as they have said is what I have to do. (NO tabs!)

                        At the top center of the mailbox listings, I get "Loading with" followed by the ...

                        At bottom of frame I get "Transferring data from ad.doubleclick.net..."

                        And I end up getting an error message at the top of the page which I don't see unless I scroll up. Not sure if that always happens as I get inpatient and try to click again, but thought I would suggest people scroll to top of page to see if they get error message.

                        This email account is getting worse and worse.

                        Bruce

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
                          Yep same thing and same button, the "DELETE" button. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen often enough that I notice it. It's "nice" that other people are seeing this as I thought I was going crazy.

                          Mike

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
                            My problem was also intermittent. More often it was ok.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 17, 2009
                              I have used Firefox for a long time and Yahoo mail for along time.. yahoo mail does occasionally have quirks. So I use now alot Vfemail.  You can try it..
                              www.vfemail.net.. just choose an email address and a password and your in and
                              when you type them in check "skip maintenance" and you're off and running..
                              I find it very usedr friendly take a bit of learning cure like all things.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 18, 2009
                                Yup, happened to me again this morning on another account when I hit reply. "Loading" flashed at the top of the mail page, but nothing happened. Even refreshing the page didn't do the trick. But, I am replying to this message on my crippled account. Go figure.

                                When I first had this problem some weeks ago I just assumed it had to do with those fricken drop down ads that you can't get rid of - - that perhaps it was there but was unseen. And sometimes hitting the control buttons below the email did the trick. But now, the buttons don't work, top or bottom.

                                Ah, progress!

                                Bruce

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 9, 2009
                                  I'm still seeing this problem with Firefox 3.5.