New Applications

  • Rob Igo
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2009
      Hi

      I'm in the UK with a Y-Mail Plus! account and I don't see any of the old applications (never mind the new!).

      The zumo drive looks likes very useful to keep docs available wherever you log on!

      Anybody know why I don't get the apps?

      Loving The Music - www.robigophotography.com

      Wedding Photographer Photography Warrington Cheshire Northwest Rob Igo

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2009
        this is my farm if it helps. I get all the old + new apps and I'm in the UK

        version: 2.1.0
          build: 1357.17
        06/01/2009 01:59 PM

        cg3.c0.mail.mud.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2009
          According to the Mail Blog,

          "The new applications are free and available to all US users of the new Yahoo! Mail. For those outside of the US, stay tuned as we will begin rolling out to select markets later this summer."

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Rob Igo <robigouk@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > I'm in the UK with a Y-Mail Plus! account and I don't see any of the old applications (never mind the new!).
          >
          > The zumo drive looks likes very useful to keep docs available wherever you log on!
          >
          > Anybody know why I don't get the apps?

        • Wolfgang Exler
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2009
            At 05.06.2009 20:00, you wrote:
            >According to the Mail Blog,
            >
            >"The new applications are free and available to all US users of the
            >new Yahoo! Mail. For those outside of the US, stay tuned as we will
            >begin rolling out to select markets later this summer."

            How do they distinguish between US and other customers?

            Wolfgang
          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2009
              You may be in the UK but you have a Yahoo.com address rather than a Yahoo.co.uk address like Rob.  I expect that therein lies the difference.  Yahoo.com email accounts can get the New Applications sometime after they sign-up/request them but Yahoo.co.uk email accounts will have to wait till late summer if not longer.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2009
                I'm in the UK but with a Yahoo.com address (the account is aeons old!). I have none of the new features.

                Ros

                --
                I support the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund
                http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2009
                  Not sure why then. Sorry I can't be of help on this Roslyn

                  hq@rabbitwelfare. co.uk
                  National Helpline 0870 046 5249
                  A hutch is not enough
                • Kenneth
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2009
                    Neither do I.  It turns out that even with a Yahoo.com address, you don't get them by default, you have to ask for them here:

                    http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/applications