Re: [Y-Mail] New mail filters

  • Wolfgang Exler
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
      At 02.06.2009 14:28, you wrote:
      >Does anyone have this feature?
      >http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2009/06/important-emails-always-win-in-yahoo-mail/
      >
      >Being outside the US + Aus, I'm curious if it's something worth

      Yes, I can select between these new emails from

      All, Unread, Flagges, From Connections

      but I have a different understanding of "important email"

      Wolfgang
    • ottawahitech
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gpollara" <gpollara@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have this feature?
        > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2009/06/important-emails-always-win-in-yahoo-mail/

        I tried to leave a comment at the url above, but unfortunately, looks like the mail team disabled the comments there (I am pretty sure it was available yesterday?). Maybe someone here can answer my question.

        I was wondering why one must create a profile at profile.yahoo.com before being able to use this new feature. There appears to be no connection.

        ---
        "PS: This feature will roll out in the next few weeks to both Classic and the new Yahoo! Mail users who have the Smarter Inbox features enabled. To get these new features, first create a Profile at profiles.yahoo.com and then log back into Yahoo! Mail. Only users in the US and Australia can get it now, but users from many more countries will be eligible soon."
      • ottawahitech
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2009
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "gpollara" <gpollara@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone have this feature?
          > > http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2009/06/important-emails-always-win-in-yahoo-mail/
          >
          > I tried to leave a comment at the url above, but unfortunately,
          > looks like the mail team disabled the comments there (I am pretty
          > sure it was available yesterday?).

          I checked the url above again this morning and to my surprise found that 5 comments have been posted there even though it is still disabled. When I checked the comments it became apparent that the comments were left by a spammer - DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS in the comments.

          It looks like Yahoo is using message boards that do not allow them to remove spam posts (this is also true in the case of the Yahoo Groups blog at:
          http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/ )