Re: [Y-Mail] New and filters

  • zozanee@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009
      I had the same problem when I filtered using the "Subject" and "From" lines, so I switched over to filtering with the unsubscribe address that's found in the body of every group email, and that fixed things for me.

      In Yahoo! mail, the filters look like this:

      Then... Move message to "Group Name" folder

      In GMail, the filters look like this:

      Skip the Inbox (Archive it)

      Apply the label: Group Name

      Never send it to Spam

      Hope that helps.

      Maura

      From: Roslyn Lamb <rosgroupsaccount@...>
      Subject: [Y-Mail] New and filters
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 2:02 PM

      Hi all, I'm new and launching in with a problem right away. Well, 2 actually. Months ago I created a mail filter (one of only 2, so not exceeding my limit) to move all incoming mail from a discussion group into a specific folder. It has NEVER worked. I have checked it several times, edited, rechecked, etc, etc, etc, but the only way I can get all the
      many messages from that group into the folder is to do it manually.

      Ros
    • JG
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009
        Here is every help file I can find about filtering ... hth ... ~Jim

        http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_result?p=mail+filters

        --- On Mon, 6/1/09, Roslyn Lamb <rosgroupsaccount@...> wrote:
        I set up the filter so that any message with the group name in the subject line would be put into the folder.

        Ros

        2009/6/1 Kenneth <postkenny-ygroups@...>
        Or you could just filter on all emails sent TO the group's email address, e.g., the TO/CC header set to Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com.  All emails you receive from the group are actually sent to the group.
        Perhaps Roslyn is filtering for emails received FROM the group's email address.  You might expect that to work but the FROM header is actually taken up by the email address of the group member who posted the message to the group.
      • ottawahitech
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009
          Roslyn,

          Looks like the ymail blog has just published an article on Filters. If you hurry you may be the first one to insert a comment :-)

          > Hi all, I'm new and launching in with a problem right away. Well, 2 actually.
        • Roslyn Lamb
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009
            That's a good idea, Maura, thanks.

            It's a Google group, rather than a Yahoo one, but there is an unsub message in the text and I can use that.

            Happily I managed to get into contact with Yahoo Mail Techs and have had a mail from one of them, given her permission to go into my account to try to sort out the problem, etc.  If she can't fix it, though, I'll certainly give this a try.

            Thanks

            Ros

            --
            I support the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund
            http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009
                Yes, I saw that.  Do you think perhaps they did it in my honour?  LOL

                Ros

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 2, 2009

                    My pleasure Ros ... I hope it all helps you ... :-)