Connections permantently enabled in Yahoo Mail as of today.

  • morac1974
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2009
      I logged into my Yahoo Mail today and noticed that it was displaying the "Connections" junk even though I had turned that off a while ago. The checkbox for "Enable Connection-related features (Messages, Suggestions, Updates)" was still checked, but the "Connections" stuff was still displaying in my mail folders and on the what's new page.

      I'm chatting with support now.

      It looks like a new build came out that broke it:
      version: 2.1.0
      build: 1357.15
      05/21/2009 11:20 PM

      Galaxy version: 2.1.0.19a build: 368 time: 05/21/2009 12:21 AM

      cg3.c0.mail.mud.yahoo.com
    • morac1974
      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2009
        It looks like this is by design. Yahoo changed the way connections work in Yahoo, or more specifically they changed what that check box does.

        See http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/cg/mail/cg_connect6.html

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "morac1974" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

        > I logged into my Yahoo Mail today and noticed that it was displaying the "Connections" junk even though I had turned that off a while ago. The checkbox for "Enable Connection-related features (Messages, Suggestions, Updates)" was still checked, but the "Connections" stuff was still displaying in my mail folders and on the what's new page.
        >
        > I'm chatting with support now.
        >
        > It looks like a new build came out that broke it:
        > version: 2.1.0
        > build: 1357.15
        > 05/21/2009 11:20 PM
        >
        > Galaxy version: 2.1.0.19a build: 368 time: 05/21/2009 12:21 AM
        >
        > cg3.c0.mail.mud.yahoo.com

      • Kurt Norris
        Message 3 of 4 , May 29, 2009
          did you get any results