Re: [Y-Mail] annoying re-direct to Yahoo in-house ad

  • Luis Rosales
    Message 1 of 7 , May 25 2:25 PM
      open explorer
      go to tools
      go internet options
      change the url address yo have now and write yahoo.com
      hit apply
      and restar  explorer again.
      good luck

      Message 2 of 7 , May 26 1:51 AM

        I'm not seeing this in the classic interface.

        Is this in 'All new mail' ? And does it happen in a particular browser ?

[...]

        ,_._,___

      • sarahksmom
        Message 3 of 7 , May 26 8:14 AM
          > --- On Mon, 5/25/09, sarahksmom <sarahksmom@...> wrote:

          > ...I... get... a redirect to a page encouraging me to make Yahoo my home page, ... INSTEAD of the message I clicked on to read, and I have to hit the back button to go where I wanted to go in the first place...

          Note to Yahoo people:

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Luis Rosales <emelec4ever@...> wrote:

          > open explorer
          > go to tools
          > go internet options
          > change the url address yo have now and write yahoo.com
          > hit apply
          > and restar explorer again.
          > good luck

          I have no idea how that's supposed to help my situation. What outcome would happen from what are you recommending? Also, I don't use IE. This is a Mac house with Firefox. I want this redirect to go away forever. It would appear to be Yahoo's job to make that happen.

          Miriam Solon
        • sarahksmom
          Message 4 of 7 , May 26 9:35 AM
            > --- On Mon, 5/25/09, sarahksmom <sarahksmom@...> wrote earlier:
            >
            > ...I... get... a redirect to a page encouraging me to make Yahoo my home page, rather than to the message whose link I just clicked on... Now it comes up INSTEAD of the message I clicked on to read, and I have to hit the back button to go where I wanted to go in the first place...

            Note to Yahoo staff:

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Les d <lesdsz@...> wrote:

            > I'm not seeing this in the classic interface.
            > Is this in 'All new mail' ? And does it happen in a particular browser ?

            It is in classic. I use Firefox on a Mac G4 running Os X 10/3/9.

            This is the address of the redirect: <http://www.yahoo.com/bin/set>. Now, it's jumping in while I'm in the MIDDLE OF COMPOSING a message, and the back button doesn't take me back to what I was just working on, and usually it's not enough time to store a draft that I can retrieve, so that I can continue my work, while I'm trying to collect clipboard items to paste into the message I'm trying to compose.

            AND now it's also happening in Yahoo groups.

            ALSO, another ail bug: it no longer retrieves addresses from my contacts as I start to type a name or address into the To: or CC: field.

            this is so annoying that I may jump out of Yahoo all together.

            Miriam Solon
          • Les d
            Message 5 of 7 , May 26 11:50 PM
              Looks like this maybe something specific to your environment, I tried accessing mail using FF3 on Mac 10.5 but do not see any issues (opening messages, composing, auto-complete work fine)

              Couple of things you could try:
              - clear browser cache,history,cookies
              - disable any FF extensions/plugins (toolbar etc)
              Hope it helps.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 28 5:58 AM
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Les d <lesdsz@...> wrote:

                > Looks like this maybe something specific to your environment, I tried accessing mail using FF3 on Mac 10.5 but do not see any issues (opening messages, composing, auto-complete work fine)
                >
                > Couple of things you could try:
                > - clear browser cache,history,cookies
                > - disable any FF extensions/plugins (toolbar etc)
                >
                > Hope it helps.

                Well, it stopped without me doing anything... for now. BTW, this is not an apples-to-apples comparison I'm using FF2.0 and OS X 10.3.9

                Miriam