Upgrade problems

  • george.barrowcliff@flash.net
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2009
      I ended up at Yahoo Email via a number of ISP acquisitions. Flash.net->Prodigy.net->SBCglobal->ATT and have used this email address for at least 8 years.

      Now I have moved and no longer have an att phone number or dsl service however my web based email address is still in effect. I have contacted att and yahoo both before dropping the service and was told that my web based email address of xxx@... would stay in effect. Now when I disconnected the service I was told sometime within 90 days it would be disabled?

      I would like to keep this address since everyone I know uses it and I have signed up for many things over the years using it.

      I thought that if I upgraded to Mail Plus, it would be independant of att service and allow me to keep it but I have spent hours trying to contact Yahoo and searching for the answer.
      In the Yahoo web based email, clicking on Options brings down a link to Mail Plus but brings up a page not found from Yahoo. I have located a bunch of links in various help texts to Mail Plus but I always bring up a not found page. IE6/7, Mozilla and three different computers so I am quite sure it is not a local issue.

      Surely this cannot be that rare. A person drops DSL service and wants to keep their email address and is willing to pay for it.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated before the 90 days goes by and my email address with it.

      GWB