Rich text issues - ANY way to disable?

  • Victor Coffin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009
      Ok,

      I tried to be radically self reliant and searched and searched for answers, but couldnt find anything...

      My issue is this new rich text formatting ruining my email experience daily.

      I use yahoo mail since like 95. Love it. And Im on mostly yahoogroups for one reason or another. Its my issues with these groups and replying thats driving me nuts.

      When I reply to a group message, on occasion it throws the message into rich tex format. And then I cant trim the original message down to the info Im replying too. I click on the email, it then removes all the identifying marks that mark the original email making it impossible to discern it from the reply info Im making. I loooooved he ">" marks that ID'd the old info from my new info. I can live with the blue lines, IF hey didnt disappear after I try to trim the email down. Also, if I mess up the trim, I used to be able to refresh my screen and the original response would pop back up. now it erases the entire platen and Im looking at a blank email form.

      I run a few yahoogroups, and the poor people that get the daily digest are complaining that because the emails arent getting trimmed, they are getting yards and yards of repeated stuff to read through. This isnt so bad on a small scale, but when your talking a couple hundred messages on burst days, well, that IS a pain in the butt.

      Is there any way to disable comepletely this rich text format crap?

      Ive gone through all the options I could find in my settings.

      Im awful close from biting the bullet and heading to gmail.

      At least I hate gmail slightly less then his new yahoo email.

      I dont like the RTF, I hate the RTF and am fed up with battling my email into submission.

      Help help help help.

      Thanks in advance for any help,

      Vic