Re: Calendar no longer displays anything

  • morac1974
    Message 1 of 13 , May 18, 2009
      It's been a pain, but I think I finally got someone at Yahoo to look into this. They say they're working on a fix.

      Out of curiosity, for people having the same problem, what version of the Yahoo mail server software are you running? I noticed I'm running a different version of the software on one account (the one that's not working) when compared to another account that is working:

      version: 2.1.0
      build: 1356.31
      05/07/2009 03:09 PM

      > In order to provide comfort in numbers, I can confirm I've had the same problem too over the last week. What's worse the week preceding it, the date format had changed too, despite not changing my location/time zone. In europe we like to have the date format day/month but yahoo had recently reverted mine to US format automatically.

    • shazen27
      Message 2 of 13 , May 18, 2009
        Could you advise on how to determine what version of the yahoo mail server software I am running?

        Message 3 of 13 , May 18, 2009
          thanks for highlighting this to yahoo.
          I'm running the same version as you. Incidentally, have you got a couple of new links next to yahoo search bar in upper right - I have Yahoo and News. Would really like the My Yahoo link to return. Not sure why it left in the first place.

          It's been a pain, but I think I finally got someone at Yahoo to look into this. They say they're working on a fix.

          Out of curiosity, for people having the same problem, what version of the Yahoo mail server software are you running? I noticed I'm running a different version of the software on one account (the one that's not working) when compared to another account that is working:

          version: 2.1.0
          build: 1356.31
          05/07/2009 03:09 PM

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, G Pollara <gpollara@.. .> wrote:

          > In order to provide comfort in numbers, I can confirm I've had the same problem too over the last week. What's worse the week preceding it, the date format had changed too, despite not changing my location/time zone. In europe we like to have the date format day/month but yahoo had recently reverted mine to US format automatically.

        • Kenton Ayers
          Message 4 of 13 , May 19, 2009
            I am on the same version and experiencing the same issue.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 19, 2009
              If you hold down CTRL+SHIFT while clicking help it will bring up a menu with "about" in it. Click that and it will tell you the server version. I wouldn't mess with the other menu entries.

              I think the version I have is only for people on the server with the Yahoo Mail applications on them. So the problem may only affect those that signed up to test the applications. See http://mashable.com/2008/12/15/yahoo-mail-application-platform-is-live/

              Message 6 of 13 , May 19, 2009
                I noticed the Calendar strip is now working again.
                The Yahoo server software has been upgraded so I'm guessing it was fixed. The version is now:

                version: 2.1.0
                build: 1356.40
                05/18/2009 01:24 PM

                Message 7 of 13 , May 20, 2009
                  yep - same here, same version number and the calendar works again. Date format still US style though

                  I noticed the Calendar strip is now working again.
                  The Yahoo server software has been upgraded so I'm guessing it was fixed. The version is now:

                  version: 2.1.0
                  build: 1356.40
                  05/18/2009 01:24 PM

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "morac1974" <mjk4984@... > wrote:

                  > If you hold down CTRL+SHIFT while clicking help it will bring up a menu with "about" in it. Click that and it will tell you the server version. I wouldn't mess with the other menu entries.
                  >
                  > I think the version I have is only for people on the server with the Yahoo Mail applications on them. So the problem may only affect those that signed up to test the applications. See http://mashable. com/2008/ 12/15/yahoo- mail-application -platform- is-live/
                  >

                  > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "shazen27" <shazen27@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Could you advise on how to determine what version of the yahoo mail server software I am running?
                  > >
                  > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, "morac1974" <mjk4984@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > It's been a pain, but I think I finally got someone at Yahoo to look into this. They say they're working on a fix.
                  > > >
                  > > > Out of curiosity, for people having the same problem, what version of the Yahoo mail server software are you running? I noticed I'm running a different version of the software on one account (the one that's not working) when compared to another account that is working:
                  > > >
                  > > > version: 2.1.0
                  > > > build: 1356.31

                • jmchaur
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 20, 2009
                    The issue appears to have been only on certain farms. My acct that is on a pilot farm had problems, my other account didn't. So it was probably caught & patched in short order.

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 21, 2009
                      Yeah, mine appears to be corrected as well. I'm glad this fix only took a day or so to roll out.