Re: [Y-Mail] phx.gbl

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7 9:32 AM
      Fernando,

      Nothing to worry about.

      That just means that this message was sent as a reply to the identified
      message. The big jumble is a message ID. You might find the original
      message in your inbox by looking for the matching header:

      Matching up those two headers is one of the ways that the Yahoo Groups
      Messages page creates the threading of the "Group by Topic" view.

      -- Shal
    • fernandomeira1977
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9 8:43 AM
        Thank you very much, Shal.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shalf@...> wrote:

        > Fernando,
        >
        > Nothing to worry about.

        > That just means that this message was sent as a reply to the identified
        > message. The big jumble is a message ID. You might find the original
        > message in your inbox by looking for the matching header:

        > Matching up those two headers is one of the ways that the Yahoo Groups
        > Messages page creates the threading of the "Group by Topic" view.
        >
        > -- Shal

      • ADRIANA
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2010

          Mail Delivery (failure adria_teodorescu@...)

          Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:02 AM

          "590@..." <590@...>

          Add sender to Contacts

          adria_teodorescu@...

          Message contains attachments

          1 File (29KB)

          If the message will not displayed automatically,
          follow the link to read the delivered message.

          Received message is available at:
          www.yahoo.com/inbox/adria_teodorescu/read.php?sessionid-9385

          Could you tell me please, what does it mean this message ? What is phx.gbl ? Is it dangerous if I open message.scr ?

          Thank you !

          Adriana

        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2010
            It is almost certainly dangerous to open anything you receive unexpectedly; but particularly attachments with the .scr extension if you are on a Windows system. That extension is associated with screen savers, which is an executable type.

            This is a standard form of trojan horse attack, which may also install a virus or other malware.
            <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_horse_%28computing%29>

            -- Shal