phx.gbl

  • fernandomeira1977
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2009
      Please I have another doubt:
      I noticed in the header of some e-mails I got (coming from yahoo to my
      hotmail) something I never saw before that is:
      Does anybody know what does that mean? Anything to worry about?
      Thanks again! fernando.
    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2009
        Fernando,

        Nothing to worry about.

        That just means that this message was sent as a reply to the identified
        message. The big jumble is a message ID. You might find the original
        message in your inbox by looking for the matching header:

        Matching up those two headers is one of the ways that the Yahoo Groups
        Messages page creates the threading of the "Group by Topic" view.

        -- Shal
      • fernandomeira1977
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2009
          Thank you very much, Shal.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shalf@...> wrote:

          > Fernando,
          >
          > Nothing to worry about.

          > That just means that this message was sent as a reply to the identified
          > message. The big jumble is a message ID. You might find the original
          > message in your inbox by looking for the matching header:

          > Matching up those two headers is one of the ways that the Yahoo Groups
          > Messages page creates the threading of the "Group by Topic" view.
          >
          > -- Shal

        • ADRIANA
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2010

            Mail Delivery (failure adria_teodorescu@...)

            Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:02 AM

            "590@..." <590@...>

            Add sender to Contacts

            adria_teodorescu@...

            Message contains attachments

            1 File (29KB)

            If the message will not displayed automatically,
            follow the link to read the delivered message.

            Received message is available at:
            www.yahoo.com/inbox/adria_teodorescu/read.php?sessionid-9385

            Could you tell me please, what does it mean this message ? What is phx.gbl ? Is it dangerous if I open message.scr ?

            Thank you !

            Adriana

          • Shal Farley
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2010
              It is almost certainly dangerous to open anything you receive unexpectedly; but particularly attachments with the .scr extension if you are on a Windows system. That extension is associated with screen savers, which is an executable type.

              This is a standard form of trojan horse attack, which may also install a virus or other malware.
              <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_horse_%28computing%29>

              -- Shal