Phishing that looks like it's from yahoo

  • Betty Fellows
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2009
      Hi All,

      I'm guessing that this is a phishing expedition from someone, not from
      yahoo.

      Dear Yahoo Email Owner,

      This message is from Yahoo Account Webmaster messaging center to all
      yahoo
      account owners.
      We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We
      are
      deleting all unused email account to create more space for new accounts.
      To prevent your account from closing you will have to update it below so
      that we will know that it's a present used account.
      To complete your Email account, you must reply to this email immediately
      and enter your informations below.

      EMAIL LOGIN INFORMATION
      Name:(................)
      Email address:(..............)
      password:(............)
      Alternative email:(........)
      password:(........)

      NOTE : Failure to do this will immediately render your email address
      deactivated from our database.
      Warning!!!
      Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

      THANK YOU FOR USING YAHOO MAIL.

      Here are the full headers:
      From YAHOO UPGRADE ADMINISTRATOR Wed May 6 13:08:51 2009

      Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 15:08:51 +0200 (CEST)
      Subject: FILL LOGIN DETAILS OR LOOSE ACCOUNT
      From: "YAHOO UPGRADE ADMINISTRATOR" <info@...>
      To: undisclosed-recipients:;
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2009

        I'm guessing that this is a phishing expedition from someone, not from
        yahoo.

        Dear Yahoo Email Owner,

        This message is from Yahoo Account Webmaster messaging center to all
        yahoo
        account owners.
        We are currently upgrading our data base and e-mail account center. We
        are
        deleting all unused email account to create more space for new accounts.
        To prevent your account from closing you will have to update it below so
        that we will know that it's a present used account.
        To complete your Email account, you must reply to this email immediately
        and enter your informations below.

        EMAIL LOGIN INFORMATION
        Name:(khushnood Ul Hassan)
        Email address:(khushihassan78@...)
        password:(haseeb)
        Alternative email:(..... ...)
        password:(.. ......)

        NOTE : Failure to do this will immediately render your email address
        deactivated from our database.
        Warning!!!
        Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

        THANK YOU FOR USING YAHOO MAIL.

        Here are the full headers:
        From YAHOO UPGRADE ADMINISTRATOR Wed May 6 13:08:51 2009

        Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 15:08:51 +0200 (CEST)