Empty an Inbox completely of 7000

  • chlowden
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2009
      Hello
      Does anyone know how I can delete 7000 mails in one go? For the moment I can only do it by bashes of 25 ... so it is rather tedious.
      Many thanks
    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2009
        If you use the new Yahoo! Mail rather than classic mail, you can go to a folder, select the entire contents at once, and press delete.  The new Yahoo! Mail doesn't break folder contents up into smaller blocks.

        Or, if you're determined to do this in the classic Yahoo! Mail, I believe you can select larger blocks than 25 in the settings.  I think I used to have mine set to 200 mails per screen.  That'll be much quicker than the 25, but still more tedious than all new Mail.

        Does anyone know how I can delete 7000 mails in one go? For the moment I can only do it by bashes of 25 ... so it is rather tedious.
        Many thanks

      • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2009
          I don't know if there's a way to do a complete delete, like the spam folder, but you could change your view setting to the maximum--I think it's 100--so that would be faster than 25 each time. Cindy

          Obedience is a lifestyle...
          Melanie...Border Collie mix
          Reka...MJR's Eureka!!! RN...Norwegian Elkhound
          Gimli...Vindarne's Lord of the Rings...Norwegian Elkhound

          --- On Mon, 5/4/09, chlowden <christopher@...> wrote:
          > Hello
          > Does anyone know how I can delete 7000 mails in one go? For
          > the moment I can only do it by bashes of 25 ... so it is
          > rather tedious.
          > Many thanks
        • John Desmond
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2009
            You can select the top message (or any message) then scroll to the last message you want to delete.  Select that one, but with one added step.  Hold the shift key down before you click on it.  This will mark all the starting at the first message to the last one you just selected as blue.  Now if you hit the delete button or the delete key, all of those messages will be deleted.

            Don't forget that you can sort the mail by date, subject, etc and do the same procedure.

            John