Re: [Y-Mail] No email

  • henrietta carpenter
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2009

      --- On Mon, 5/4/09, Shal Farley <shalf@...> wrote:

      From: Shal Farley <shalf@...>
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] No email
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, May 4, 2009, 11:18 AM

      GB,

      >I belong to quite a few yahoo groups. I do have different
      >settings for email from the groups. However, for about half of
      >the ones I belong to, I receive no email from the group even
      >though the settings are right and I have double and triple
      >checked the settings. Why is that and how can I fix it?

      Two places to check, if you haven't, are your spam folder and your bounce history.

      You can access the bounce history for the affected email address through the My Email Preferences page:
      <http://groups. yahoo.com/ member/preferenc es/communication /view>
      (also linked off the My Groups page)

      The history may tell you if Yahoo Groups' servers encountered any errors while attempting to deliver messages to that address. If so, the Last Bounced Message, at the bottom of the page, may be of value in diagnosing the problem.

      -- Shal