Re: Question about routine treatment of spam

  • mark_risher
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2009
      > Here's my question: It takes three clicks to mark an email "not spam"
      > since you have to actually open it. Many I see are emails I don't
      > actually need to read, but would prefer they not be marked as spam.

      In the New Yahoo Mail, you can check the checkbox next to multiple messages and mark a larger group as "not spam." Moving them to the inbox is not quite as effective, as we do not extrapolate that *other* people might also view these as not spam (in other words, you get the benefits but your friends do not).

      Hope that helps,
      /m
    • Robin Siegel
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2009
        Thanks Mark (and others), that answers it. It's not a big deal, just looking for a shortcut. I see the shortcut is only on New Mail.

        Robin Siegel
        Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
        Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

        http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel

        > Here's my question: It takes three clicks to mark an email "not spam"
        > since you have to actually open it. Many I see are emails I don't
        > actually need to read, but would prefer they not be marked as spam.

        In the New Yahoo Mail, you can check the checkbox next to multiple messages and mark a larger group as "not spam." Moving them to the inbox is not quite as effective, as we do not extrapolate that *other* people might also view these as not spam (in other words, you get the benefits but your friends do not).

        Hope that helps,
        /m

      • Les d
        Message 3 of 9 , May 12, 2009

          Yes, moving messages out of spam folder  to inbox or any oersonal folder will send a 'not spam' vote for those messages ie.. same as marking 'not spam' individually from message view.