Re: Question about routine treatment of spam

  • jmurthy
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2009
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...> wrote:

      > The "not spam" button doesn't appear until you actually open the message. Your only choice when viewing the Spam Folder is "move to inbox," and that's what I generally do. That's what I'm wondering - does that have the same educational effect on the spam filter.
      >
      > Robin Siegel

      That's odd. I get the "Not Spam" button as soon as I open the Spam folder. I can check multiple messages and mark them all as non-spam.

      Jayant
    • mark_risher
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2009
        > Here's my question: It takes three clicks to mark an email "not spam"
        > since you have to actually open it. Many I see are emails I don't
        > actually need to read, but would prefer they not be marked as spam.

        In the New Yahoo Mail, you can check the checkbox next to multiple messages and mark a larger group as "not spam." Moving them to the inbox is not quite as effective, as we do not extrapolate that *other* people might also view these as not spam (in other words, you get the benefits but your friends do not).

        Hope that helps,
        /m
      • Robin Siegel
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2009
          Thanks Mark (and others), that answers it. It's not a big deal, just looking for a shortcut. I see the shortcut is only on New Mail.

          Robin Siegel
          Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
          Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

          http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel

          > Here's my question: It takes three clicks to mark an email "not spam"
          > since you have to actually open it. Many I see are emails I don't
          > actually need to read, but would prefer they not be marked as spam.

          In the New Yahoo Mail, you can check the checkbox next to multiple messages and mark a larger group as "not spam." Moving them to the inbox is not quite as effective, as we do not extrapolate that *other* people might also view these as not spam (in other words, you get the benefits but your friends do not).

          Hope that helps,
          /m

        • Les d
          Message 4 of 9 , May 12, 2009

            Yes, moving messages out of spam folder  to inbox or any oersonal folder will send a 'not spam' vote for those messages ie.. same as marking 'not spam' individually from message view.