No email

  • Guru K
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2009
      I belong to quite a few yahoo groups. I do have different settings for email from the groups. However, for about half of the ones I belong to, I receive no email from the group even though the settings are right and I have double and triple checked the settings. Why is that and how can I fix it?

      Thanks
      GB
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2009
        How long has this been happening? Have you checked those groups'
        webpages to see if anyone has been posting messages?

        Guru K wrote:
        > I belong to quite a few yahoo groups. I do have different settings for email from the groups. However, for about half of the ones I belong to, I receive no email from the group even though the settings are right and I have double and triple checked the settings. Why is that and how can I fix it?
        >
        > Thanks
        > GB

      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2009
          GB,

          >I belong to quite a few yahoo groups. I do have different
          >settings for email from the groups. However, for about half of
          >the ones I belong to, I receive no email from the group even
          >though the settings are right and I have double and triple
          >checked the settings. Why is that and how can I fix it?

          Two places to check, if you haven't, are your spam folder and your bounce history.

          You can access the bounce history for the affected email address through the My Email Preferences page:
          (also linked off the My Groups page)

          The history may tell you if Yahoo Groups' servers encountered any errors while attempting to deliver messages to that address. If so, the Last Bounced Message, at the bottom of the page, may be of value in diagnosing the problem.

          -- Shal
        • henrietta carpenter
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2009

            <http://groups. yahoo.com/ member/preferenc es/communication /view>