Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Question about routine treatment of spam

  • Howard White
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2009
      It does for me, are you on classic?
      Howard

      From: Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:45:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Question about routine treatment of spam

      The "not spam" button doesn't appear until you actually open the message. Your only choice when viewing the Spam Folder is "move to inbox," and that's what I generally do. That's what I'm wondering - does that have the same educational effect on the spam filter.

      Robin Siegel
      Home of Possum and the Pennyroyal Norwich terriers
      Volunteer Photographer, Montgomery County Animal Shelter

      http://mcmdlostpets.blogspot.com/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinsiegel

        > Here's my question: It takes three clicks to mark an email "not spam" since you have to actually open it. Many I see are emails I don't actually need to read, but would prefer they not be marked as spam. Does moving the email to my inbox have the same educational effect, or do I really have to open them, mark them "not spam" one at a time, and then go to my inbox to delete them?
        >
        > Robin Siegel

        I don't have non-spam in my spam folder now to check but won't it work if you just mark them in the little box on the left and then mark the whole lot as "Not Spam"

        Jayant

      • jmurthy
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2009
          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Robin Siegel <pennyroyalnorwich@...> wrote:

          > The "not spam" button doesn't appear until you actually open the message. Your only choice when viewing the Spam Folder is "move to inbox," and that's what I generally do. That's what I'm wondering - does that have the same educational effect on the spam filter.
          >
          > Robin Siegel

          That's odd. I get the "Not Spam" button as soon as I open the Spam folder. I can check multiple messages and mark them all as non-spam.

          Jayant
        • mark_risher
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2009
            > Here's my question: It takes three clicks to mark an email "not spam"
            > since you have to actually open it. Many I see are emails I don't
            > actually need to read, but would prefer they not be marked as spam.

            In the New Yahoo Mail, you can check the checkbox next to multiple messages and mark a larger group as "not spam." Moving them to the inbox is not quite as effective, as we do not extrapolate that *other* people might also view these as not spam (in other words, you get the benefits but your friends do not).

            Hope that helps,
            /m
          • Robin Siegel

              > Here's my question: It takes three clicks to mark an email "not spam"
              > since you have to actually open it. Many I see are emails I don't
              > actually need to read, but would prefer they not be marked as spam.

              In the New Yahoo Mail, you can check the checkbox next to multiple messages and mark a larger group as "not spam." Moving them to the inbox is not quite as effective, as we do not extrapolate that *other* people might also view these as not spam (in other words, you get the benefits but your friends do not).

              Hope that helps,
              /m

            • Les d
              Message 6 of 9 , May 12, 2009

                Yes, moving messages out of spam folder  to inbox or any oersonal folder will send a 'not spam' vote for those messages ie.. same as marking 'not spam' individually from message view.