Re: How to reply always with > (or plain text)

  • sarahksmom
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2009
      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <okiebelle53@...> wrote:

      > You can only do that with plain text. Personally I do not like them. I clean them out so that the email does not look so messy! If I need to reply within the email they sent then I make it red so that it will stand out. :)

      Your solution does nothing for people who prefer plain text. The red type will not show up. It stays just as messy in a different way. If you don't like the angle brackets (many do, because it keeps it clear who said what), then it would be helpful if you could employ some other way of attributing quotes, and marking them as quotes, that doesn't involve HTML or rich text manipulation. Some people type the writer's name in caps followed by a colon, as if it were dialog in a script.

      Miriam Solon
    • Donna
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2009
        I should in the future for those that like plain text keep all my
        replies at the top then to make my replies easier to find. :) Thank you
        for pointing out that not everyone uses HTML. I will have to remember
        that. It is hard to hightlight in plain text.

        Maybe I could use [brackets] when needed too or maybe "quotes". :)
        Either way would be easy to use too in plain text. I had not thought
        about that - LOL.

        Too many >> in my opinion make an email too messy but that is just me. I
        have recieved email with up to 6 > in front of a line. I really detest
        that. I also do not like several blues lines at the left of the replies.
        I have yet to learn how to remove those confounded blue lines! They are
        hard to remove if there is a photo that one wants to share with friends.

        Donna