live.com spam

  • casunca
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009
      Yahoo had rolled out a fix to strengthen their filters for spim. If anyone still get live.com spams, please share your experience so that we can improve the filters.

      Info you can share:

      The spammer id, messages, and your id (optional).

      Thanks
    • jcwalnut
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2009
        I've turned my chat back on. We'll see how well the filter fix works.
        The issue, though, may not only be about filter fixes, unless by that
        you mean that Yahoo fixed the configuration that says "Block chat
        messages from anyone who is not in my Contacts."

        This, IMHO, was part of, if not the source of, the problem. I was
        getting popups that said the Chat ID from so-and-so was blocked and did
        I want to read the chat message. The idea behind blocked is...blocked.
        Don't show me anything. Any unwanted popup that causes me to take the
        time to dismiss it is still spam, whether the popup comes from Yahoo or
        whether I actually read the underlying message or not. Sometimes I had
        to dismiss several popups before I could get rid of them all.

        Thanks for the fix. Like I said, we'll see