Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Links on e-mail pages not responding

  • too_much green_tea
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
      I use the new interface and I use keyboard shortcuts for almost everything. That could be why I have never experienced this problem.

      I can however propose a couple hypotheses to fuel more discussions.

      In the past, I have seen flash ad overlay itself over a large portion of the mail window when it loads, and waits for the user to interact with it before it closes. If this practice is making a comeback, that may explain why sometimes buttons/links are not responding - you didn't click on the buttons; you clicked on the overlay left behind by lousy coded ads. The buttons/links never received the clicks.

      If this is the case, reloading the page should fix the problem. Reloading a page often loads a different set of ads, and the chance of both sets having the same problem is slim.

      The second possibility of something like this happening lies with badly behaving browser addons, especially those designed to modify page layout and/or inject javascript.

      If addon is the reason, the problem will likely to persist even after reloads. In that case, try disabling addons and see if things get better.