Links on e-mail pages not responding

  • cravenno1
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
      Is it just me or are others experiencing issues with the links like "back to messages", Delete etc. not responding? Here is what I've been experiencing for the past 3-4 weeks since the latest upgrade to yahoo. Usually when i first open my mail page I can open a couple messages, read them and "return to messages" but after that the only response I get is just under the tool bars a little blue box that says "loading" and then nothing. Most of the time when this happens I have to got to the "INBOX" button on the left side of page to get back to the message list. Other times when I check off a message in the message list to deleat or move it, I get no response. If I close out of my mail account then log back in, the links again will work for a couple messages and then nothing. I have two pcs and have IE8 on one nd IE7 on the other but it makes no difference which one I use. I know that a year or so ago this happened for a few days after YaHoo upgraded but it wnt away. This time it seems to be here to stay. I've used the YaHoo feedback page about two eeks ago but that appears fruitless. Does anyone have a current contact phone number for YaHoo support? I hate the thoughts of having to switch my mail to another program and loosing all the saved folders and such.

      Thanks
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2009
        I have not seen or heard of that before. Is it possible the problem lies with the connection? Or may be the computers are infected ... I really don't know. Has anyone else seen or heard of something like this?

[...]

      • sarahksmom
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
          Here's one that doesn't work for me:

          Reply to All never works in my version of Classic.

          Miriam
        • cspanhel
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
            I have been experiencing what you describe for weeks. I had a computer consultant out who checked out my computer, checked the connection, etc. $$ later, nothing has changed, except that for part of last week/weekend, i thought the problems had gone away, but they were back today. cynthia

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
              I use the new interface and I use keyboard shortcuts for almost everything. That could be why I have never experienced this problem.

              I can however propose a couple hypotheses to fuel more discussions.

              In the past, I have seen flash ad overlay itself over a large portion of the mail window when it loads, and waits for the user to interact with it before it closes. If this practice is making a comeback, that may explain why sometimes buttons/links are not responding - you didn't click on the buttons; you clicked on the overlay left behind by lousy coded ads. The buttons/links never received the clicks.

              If this is the case, reloading the page should fix the problem. Reloading a page often loads a different set of ads, and the chance of both sets having the same problem is slim.

              The second possibility of something like this happening lies with badly behaving browser addons, especially those designed to modify page layout and/or inject javascript.

              If addon is the reason, the problem will likely to persist even after reloads. In that case, try disabling addons and see if things get better.