unsending a message

  • Kurt Norris
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 1:16 PM
      how can I unsend a message

    • Mihir Bhojani
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 2:39 PM
        Looks like you are new to the world of email. You simply cant unsend a message!!

        On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Kurt Norris <kurtrnorris@...> wrote:

        how can I unsend a message

      • Sasafrass
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 2:40 PM
          Once it's sent, there's nothing you can do. The only way is to review
          your message BEFORE you hit the send button, & think it over for a bit.
          If your message is potentially hurtful to someone's feelings, it might
          be best not to send it at all. If you sent a message that you regret,
          the right thing to do would be to send an appology to that person.

          Kurt Norris wrote:
          > how can I unsend a message

        • Lloyd Haskins
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 8:08 PM
            In Gmail you can. It's a Labs feature. Gives you about 5 seconds to
            change your mind.

            Although it usually takes 6 seconds for that sinking feeling to hit me.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kurt Norris <kurtrnorris@...> wrote:

            > how can I unsend a message

          • too_much green_tea
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 8:29 PM
              I'm still saying that "feature" is actually google taking an extra 5 secs scanning the message and/or performing load balancing, but then tell users it's a new awesome value adding world saving innovation  :P