Re: [Y-Mail] how to get rid of yahoo chat??

  • Sasafrass
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009
      Sorry, but you can't remove the chat feature. If a chat tab is open,
      then just close it. Everyone has the chat feature, which was added by
      Yahoo a long time ago.

      Joerg Seufert wrote:
      > I don't know how but all of a sudden some hours ago, there appeared
      > the yahoo chat window in my mail box. I did not download it or did do
      > anything in this direction.
      >
      > How can i remove it again????
      >
      > It is very anoying and makes the mail workong worse then ever!
      >
      > Thanx
      >
      > Joerg
      >

      > z.Zt.Windhoek
      > Handy/Cell Phone: Namibia: +264-81-2423987(online)
      > Tanzania: +255-787-656433
      > Südafrika; +27-760-180934
      > Deutschland: +49-176-25818026
      >
      > Skype-Name: jorg.seufert

    • Mario Sergio M. Santos
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009
        Up there around your name on the right side of the Yahoo! Mail logo, change your status to Offline.

        Mario Sergio.
        "If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2009
          I only got the chat icon yesterday & now a blue "loading " flag appears when I try to attach files but no menu to choose a file . So I can't attach files any more . Help !

          > Sorry, but you can't remove the chat feature. If a chat tab is open,
          > then just close it. Everyone has the chat feature, which was added by
          > Yahoo a long time ago.
          >

          > Joerg Seufert wrote:
          > > I don't know how but all of a sudden some hours ago, there appeared
          > > the yahoo chat window in my mail box. I did not download it or did do
          > > anything in this direction.
          > >
          > > How can i remove it again????
          > >
          > > It is very anoying and makes the mail workong worse then ever!
          > >
          > > Thanx
          > >
          > > Joerg
          > >

          > > z.Zt.Windhoek
          > > Handy/Cell Phone: Namibia: +264-81-2423987(online)
          > > Tanzania: +255-787-656433
          > > Südafrika; +27-760-180934
          > > Deutschland: +49-176-25818026
          > >
          > > Skype-Name: jorg.seufert

        • Les d
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009

            I guess you probably are referring to the chat in yahoo classic mail which was introduced recently - to prevent chat from loading you can set you status to offline. In the left panel you will see the chat module, it has a drop down where you can select your status - to go to offline state select the 'sign out of chat' item.

            hope this helps.

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Les d <lesdsz@...> wrote:

              > I guess you probably are referring to the chat in yahoo classic mail which was introduced recently - to prevent chat from loading you can set you status to offline. In the left panel you will see the chat module, it has a drop down where you can select your status - to go to offline state select the 'sign out of chat' item.

              Chat in Classic? I don't see it.

              miriam solon
            • Les d
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009

                It's not yet rolled out to all the farms.

                regards.