how to get rid of yahoo chat??

  • Joerg Seufert
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009
      I don't know how but all of a sudden some hours ago, there appeared the yahoo chat window in my mail box. I did not download it or did do anything in this direction.

      How can i remove it again????

      It is very anoying and makes the mail workong worse then ever!

      Thanx

      Joerg

      z.Zt.Windhoek
      Handy/Cell Phone: Namibia: +264-81-2423987(online)
      Tanzania: +255-787-656433
      Südafrika; +27-760-180934
      Deutschland: +49-176-25818026

      Skype-Name: jorg.seufert

    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009
        Sorry, but you can't remove the chat feature. If a chat tab is open,
        then just close it. Everyone has the chat feature, which was added by
        Yahoo a long time ago.

        Joerg Seufert wrote:
        > I don't know how but all of a sudden some hours ago, there appeared
        > the yahoo chat window in my mail box. I did not download it or did do
        > anything in this direction.
        >
        > How can i remove it again????
        >
        > It is very anoying and makes the mail workong worse then ever!
        >
        > Thanx
        >
        > Joerg
        >

        > z.Zt.Windhoek
        > Handy/Cell Phone: Namibia: +264-81-2423987(online)
        > Tanzania: +255-787-656433
        > Südafrika; +27-760-180934
        > Deutschland: +49-176-25818026
        >
        > Skype-Name: jorg.seufert

      • Mario Sergio M. Santos
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009
          Up there around your name on the right side of the Yahoo! Mail logo, change your status to Offline.

          Mario Sergio.
          "If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2009
            I only got the chat icon yesterday & now a blue "loading " flag appears when I try to attach files but no menu to choose a file . So I can't attach files any more . Help !

            > Sorry, but you can't remove the chat feature. If a chat tab is open,
            > then just close it. Everyone has the chat feature, which was added by
            > Yahoo a long time ago.
            >

            > Joerg Seufert wrote:
            > > I don't know how but all of a sudden some hours ago, there appeared
            > > the yahoo chat window in my mail box. I did not download it or did do
            > > anything in this direction.
            > >
            > > How can i remove it again????
            > >
            > > It is very anoying and makes the mail workong worse then ever!
            > >
            > > Thanx
            > >
            > > Joerg
            > >

            > > z.Zt.Windhoek
            > > Handy/Cell Phone: Namibia: +264-81-2423987(online)
            > > Tanzania: +255-787-656433
            > > Südafrika; +27-760-180934
            > > Deutschland: +49-176-25818026
            > >
            > > Skype-Name: jorg.seufert

          • Les d
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009

              I guess you probably are referring to the chat in yahoo classic mail which was introduced recently - to prevent chat from loading you can set you status to offline. In the left panel you will see the chat module, it has a drop down where you can select your status - to go to offline state select the 'sign out of chat' item.

              hope this helps.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 25, 2009
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Les d <lesdsz@...> wrote:

                > I guess you probably are referring to the chat in yahoo classic mail which was introduced recently - to prevent chat from loading you can set you status to offline. In the left panel you will see the chat module, it has a drop down where you can select your status - to go to offline state select the 'sign out of chat' item.

                Chat in Classic? I don't see it.

                miriam solon
              • Les d
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 26, 2009

                  It's not yet rolled out to all the farms.

                  regards.