Re: [Y-Mail] Filters

  • Kenton Ayers
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 3, 2009
      I don't know. I'm on;

      version: 2.0.0
        build: 1277.29
      02/18/2009 12:37 PM

      cg3.c0.mail.mud.yahoo.com

      From: Michael Taylor-Judd <mickymse.geo@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:58:58 PM
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Filters

      That's interesting. .. I have been wanting this for AGES.

      I'm still showing only 50, though. Are you guys on one of the test farms?

      Michael 8-)

      "While we have come a long way since the Stonewall riots in 1969, we still have a lot of work to do. Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans. It's about whether this nation is going to live up to its founding promise of equality by treating all its citizens with dignity and respect." -- Barack Obama, June 1, 2007

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 4, 2009

        When I send an email in yahoo sometimes it arrives at its destination in green print.when I type it is black and in the "plain text" option of yahoo mail not the "rich text".
        How does this change take place. I know if a portion of the text is highlighted then one clicks on the pallette and selects a color that highlited text becomes the selected color. But I am not doing this. any suggestions?

      • Paula Barger
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 7, 2011
          Can we please have the ability to right mouse click and add the filter back???? Please???

          It is a pain to have to go through all those steps when before we could just right click on the email and add it that way.

          In His Grip,
          Paula Barger

          "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
          http://www.bereanhouston.org/
        • GuillaumeB
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 7, 2011
            what filters are you referring to ?

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula Barger <paulabbc@...> wrote:

            > Can we please have the ability to right mouse click and add the filter back???? Please???
            >
            > It is a pain to have to go through all those steps when before we could just right click on the email and add it that way.
            >

            > In His Grip,
            > Paula Barger
            > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
            > http://www.bereanhouston.org/

          • Paula Barger

              > Can we please have the ability to right mouse click and add the filter back???? Please???
              >
              > It is a pain to have to go through all those steps when before we could just right click on the email and add it that way.
              >

              > In His Grip,
              > Paula Barger
              > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
              > http://www.bereanhouston.org/

            • GuillaumeB
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 8, 2011
                I have never seen this in Yahoo! Mail; Gmail however does offer to "filter messages like this". That'd be a good thing I believe

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula Barger <paulabbc@...> wrote:

                > The email filters.  You know, the ones where you have to go to Options, then Mail Options, then Filters, then enter all the pertinent info then save?  In the previous version, all you had to do was right mouse click on an email and there was an option to "filter emails like these" which brought up the interface and entered the email address into the appropriate place for you.  Since you can't easily right mouse click on an email address within Yahoo mail anymore and then copy the email address (you have to try to highlight it without it activating the link and then starting a new email), then it is even more difficult to capture the info and go back and forth to the Mail Options interface.
                >
                > Even Hotmail allows this kind of filter entry. One of the very few things I like about Hotmail.
                >

                > In His Grip,
                > Paula Barger
                > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
                > http://www.bereanhouston.org/
                >

                > >________________________________

              • Henrique Junior
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 8, 2011
                  All-New Yahoo Mail have this feature. Right click, then "filter messages like this"

                  --
                  Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                  I have never seen this in Yahoo! Mail; Gmail however does offer to "filter messages like this". That'd be a good thing I believe

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula Barger <paulabbc@...> wrote:

                  > The email filters.  You know, the ones where you have to go to Options, then Mail Options, then Filters, then enter all the pertinent info then save?  In the previous version, all you had to do was right mouse click on an email and there was an option to "filter emails like these" which brought up the interface and entered the email address into the appropriate place for you.  Since you can't easily right mouse click on an email address within Yahoo mail anymore and then copy the email address (you have to try to highlight it without it activating the link and then starting a new email), then it is even more difficult to capture the info and go back and forth to the Mail Options interface.
                  >
                  > Even Hotmail allows this kind of filter entry. One of the very few things I like about Hotmail.
                  >

                  > In His Grip,
                  > Paula Barger
                  > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
                  > http://www.bereanhouston.org/
                  >

                  > >________________________________

                • Ellen Redfern
                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 8, 2011
                    I would just like to be able to enlarge my email so that I can read them.  It is very disconcerting when I cannot even see what they are without opening them up.

                  • adeomus ********
                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 8, 2011

                      up til relatively recently i had been using ( yahoo) Filters to block names etc that were not actual e-mail addresses ( which would be put into spam instead)....
                      but unfortunately it seems that some yahoo update removed the option of spam or trash folders for filters !

                      i have asked for it to be reinstated, and the techs have been trying to help ( have had several sincere responses from them) but no one has been successful.

                      does anyone have any ideas about this...or even options about
                       using another tack other than filters
                       to block non-email addresses ??

                      thank you !
                      adds

                      Bastet
                      Crows

                      (unknown author).

                      All-New Yahoo Mail have this feature. Right click, then "filter messages like this"

                      --
                      Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                      I have never seen this in Yahoo! Mail; Gmail however does offer to "filter messages like this". That'd be a good thing I believe

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula Barger <paulabbc@...> wrote:

                      > The email filters.  You know, the ones where you have to go to Options, then Mail Options, then Filters, then enter all the pertinent info then save?  In the previous version, all you had to do was right mouse click on an email and there was an option to "filter emails like these" which brought up the interface and entered the email address into the appropriate place for you.  Since you can't easily right mouse click on an email address within Yahoo mail anymore and then copy the email address (you have to try to highlight it without it activating the link and then starting a new email), then it is even more difficult to capture the info and go back and forth to the Mail Options interface.
                      >
                      > Even Hotmail allows this kind of filter entry. One of the very few things I like about Hotmail.
                      >

                      > In His Grip,
                      > Paula Barger
                      > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
                      > http://www.bereanhouston.org/
                      >

                      > >________________________________

                    • km
                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 9, 2011
                        You can adjust it by holding Ctrl and then the " +"

                        Kathy

                        I would just like to be able to enlarge my email so that I can read them.  It is very disconcerting when I cannot even see what they are without opening them up.

                        All-New Yahoo Mail have this feature. Right click, then "filter messages like this"

                        --
                        Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior

                        I have never seen this in Yahoo! Mail; Gmail however does offer to "filter messages like this". That'd be a good thing I believe

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Paula Barger <paulabbc@...> wrote:

                        > The email filters.  You know, the ones where you have to go to Options, then Mail Options, then Filters, then enter all the pertinent info then save?  In the previous version, all you had to do was right mouse click on an email and there was an option to "filter emails like these" which brought up the interface and entered the email address into the appropriate place for you.  Since you can't easily right mouse click on an email address within Yahoo mail anymore and then copy the email address (you have to try to highlight it without it activating the link and then starting a new email), then it is even more difficult to capture the info and go back and forth to the Mail Options interface.
                        >
                        > Even Hotmail allows this kind of filter entry. One of the very few things I like about Hotmail.
                        >

                        > In His Grip,
                        > Paula Barger
                        > "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  2 Timothy 1:7
                        > http://www.bereanhouston.org/
                        >

                        > >________________________________

                      • Rob
                        Message 11 of 24 , Sep 9, 2011
                          >up til relatively recently i had been using ( yahoo) Filters to block names etc that were not actual e-mail addresses ( which would be put into spam instead)....
                          >but unfortunately it seems that some yahoo update removed the option of spam or trash folders for filters !

                          adeomus,
                          I just created a filter which says It will go into spam. Are you saying that no longer works?
                          As a test, I created a filter that specified trash and was able to save it. I then created one which specified spam and saved it. I have not tested whether the filter operates as saved.

                        • wordsletters@ymail.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Sep 9, 2011
                            I have right clicked and the list that comes up for me does not contain 'filter messages like this'. I have gone thru the list carefully.

                            Meg

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Henrique Junior <henriquecsj@...> wrote:

                            > All-New Yahoo Mail have this feature. Right click, then "filter messages like this"
                            >
                            > --
                            > Henrique "LonelySpooky" Junior
                            >

                            > >________________________________

                          • Paula Barger

                            • chrfransz@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Sep 9, 2011
                                UNNREEEEEEGGGG

                                Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

                                From: Paula Barger <paulabbc@...>
                                Sender: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:36:28 -0700 (PDT)
                                To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com<Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
                                ReplyTo: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

                              • adeomus ********
                                Message 15 of 24 , Sep 10, 2011

                                  yes, rob...i am saying that that no longer works for me......
                                  yahoo techs seem unable to fix it

                                  Bastet
                                  Crows

                                  (unknown author).