Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo! Mail Classic continuity thoughts

  • Ryan Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Hi Guillaume,

      I think Y! will support for Classic for a long time, otherwise, they would not be adding all these new changes to it.  I.e. chat, social features on the welcome page...
      Also, so many users are still using Classic so...

      Question, how is the search different in Classic?

      Following your comment, I checked out Classic and noticed the following.

      -Welcome page now has the social network features like in New.
      -The chat opens a small box on bottom right (like Facebook) and can be moved around (which is cool).  It floats above the mail page.

      I'm trying to decide if i like that chat feature better than New's chat tabs.

      Things I like about New over Old:
      - keyboard shortcuts
      - tabs
      - preview pane, makes scanning so much faster.
      - nicer, newer UI in general.
      - Searching by topic or sender by clicking on the title/names.
      - drag & drop emails to folders.