Re: New HTTPS hijacking method and how to avoid the mess

  • Lloyd Haskins
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
      Okay, what does going to https://us.m.yahoo.com do? All I saw was a few
      pages with hardly any styles.

      If I couldn't get Yahoo! Mail encrypted on the road or in a Starbucks,
      I'd go with an encrypted web proxy.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, too_much green_tea <toomuchgreentea@...>
      wrote:

      > Not to say full https won't be a good thing ... 'cause it is, but
      Gmail doesn't have any advantage over YMail on this one.

      > In fact, taking the current market share into account, the percentage
      > of Gmail passwords getting intercepted over that 24hr period was much
      > higher than YMail. Complacency and carelessness seemed to be the
      bigger
      > problem in these cases.
      >
      > As for https YMail, there's always https://us.m.yahoo.com ...
    • too_much green_tea
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2009
        That's the mobile portal for Yahoo!, and the only place I knew of that uses SSL for almost everything ...

        target="_blank">https://us.m.yahoo.com ...