MyWeb Going Away

  • justkenneth
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2009
      For those of you who use Yahoo! MyWeb 2.0 and/or Yahoo! Bookmarks, I
      noticed today an announcement at the MyWeb page that MyWeb is being
      streamlined into oblivion. MyWeb and Bookmarks use the same database
      anyway so you won't lose anything other than your ability to set
      access controls for sharing individual bookmarks with MyWeb contacts.
      Apparently there will be no more MyWeb contacts so the Bookmarks
      pages that permit using the different access levels have been modified
      to remove those settings. I assume all bookmarks will be private now.

      Kenny
    • guillaumeim
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 15, 2009
        Yeh and that's pretty cool...

        There was a time we had :
        -Yahoo! My Web
        -Yahoo! My Web 2.0
        -Yahoo! Bookmarks beta
        -Yahoo Bookrmaks classic
        -Delicious

        Talk about a good strategy !

        the less, the cleaner, the better. People may also to to the export
        tools provided by My Web to backup their favorites
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2009
          agree - there was a lot of overlap. And incredibly there still isn't the option to transfer bookmarks to and from delicious. They should basically be the same service - If you click "do not share" on delicious bookmarks, they become private. Coupled with the Delicious Firefox extension, bingo, Yahoo bookmarks redundant!

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 15, 2009
            In outlook express is a setting for wrap around" So that at a certain point the sentence automatically goes down and begins a new sentence so that you are not running off the page as does sometimes happen in yahoo mail.. I went to options but see no such setting?

          • Ryan Lee
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18, 2009
              I concur.
              Those who haven't tried Delicious, definitely check it out.
              It is especially helpful with the firefox extension (or bookmarklet).

              I hardly ever use my browser bookmarks anymore.