How do I delete??????????

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2009
      I find this "Connection Suggestions" in my email very annoying and do
      not wish to connect to every Tom Dick and Harry in my address book!!!
      How do I get rid of this feature????? I will connect to whome I
      want,,when I want and do not need any help from you Yahoo!!
    • Sasafrass
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009
        Sorry, there's no way to remove it. It's part of the interface.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009
          i don't have this feature enabled, but i thought i read that in Mail Options, General tab, there is an option to turn this off.

          Elizabeth wrote:

          > I find this "Connection Suggestions" in my email very annoying and do
          > not wish to connect to every Tom Dick and Harry in my address book!!!
          > How do I get rid of this feature????? I will connect to whome I
          > want,,when I want and do not need any help from you Yahoo!!

        • Brent
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009
            You can stop the Connection Suggestion by going into options and then general.
            The second item down says enable connections. Uncheck this item and it will stop
            asking about connections.

            On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Elizabeth <elizabeth_35674@...> wrote:
            I find this "Connection Suggestions" in my email very annoying and do
            not wish to connect to every Tom Dick and Harry in my address book!!!
            How do I get rid of this feature?????  I will connect to whome I
            want,,when I want and do not need any help from you Yahoo!!

               mailto:Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Brian VanArsdale
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009
              That's not true. You can turn it off by going into your Mail Options. I turned it off when if first came out because it was freaking annoying.

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009
                Oh, that's right.... OOPS :P

                Brent wrote:
                > You can stop the Connection Suggestion by going into options and then
                > general.
                > The second item down says enable connections. Uncheck this item and it
                > will stop
                > asking about connections.
                >
                > On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Elizabeth <elizabeth_35674@...
                > <mailto:elizabeth_35674@...>> wrote:
                >
                > I find this "Connection Suggestions" in my email very annoying and do
                > not wish to connect to every Tom Dick and Harry in my address book!!!
                > How do I get rid of this feature????? I will connect to whome I
                > want,,when I want and do not need any help from you Yahoo!!

                > mailto:Y-Mail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:Y-Mail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

              • Mark
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009
                  You can disable this. Go to mail options and look for this...

                  Enable Connections:Enable Connection-related features (Messages, Suggestions, Updates)

                  Make sure that box is un-checked, and you will be rid of it.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009
                    as I said, I've not had this option yet but is there ANYONE that thinks it's any good? If not how can it be improved? I'm quite curious - I usually look forward to new developments but no one's said a single good thing about this yet.
                    Thank you

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups. com, G Pollara <gpollara@...> wrote:

                    > i don't have this feature enabled, but i thought i read that in Mail Options, General tab, there is an option to turn this off.

                  • Dennis Patriarca
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 7, 2009

                      Yes, the first time I got it, I immediately went into Mail Options to turn it off, because it was extremely annoying! I’m a Mail Plus subscriber and usually read and send my Yahoo messages through my Outlook 2003 program, but occasionally sign into the web-based mail interface to make sure the spam folder didn’t catch any legitimate messages.

                      Dennis

                      That's not true. You can turn it off by going into your Mail Options. I turned it off when if first came out because it was freaking annoying.

                      On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Sasafrass <cheesequeen452@...> wrote:

                      Sorry, there's no way to remove it. It's part of the interface.

                      ,_._,___